Our client, a Charity that offer services across Ireland, are seeking a Financial Controller for their Greater Belfast based head office.
This is a full time, permanent role and a key position within the group. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Controller is responsible for all accounting matters and will manage the team to ensure the integrity, timeliness and governance of the organization's financial processing, asset recording, monitoring and safeguarding, treasury function and treasury forecast, working capital management and the production of statutory financial statements.
This is a grade 7 salary scale and the post holder can expect a salary £35149 to £43068 as well as a range of benefits.
Further details are available to interested Finance professionals and all enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You will need:
* Qualified graduate at CIMA, ACA or ACCA level and a minimum of 5 years' middle management experience in a financial environment. This must include 3 years' experience of managing a staff team with demonstrable ability to manage and develop high quality services and participate in strategic and operational management. "Middle management" is defined as equivalent to Project Manager Level or above.
* Proven experience in supporting strategic planning and organisational development in the following key areas
* Experience of financial reporting requirements and the preparation of Year End Statutory Accounts.
* Experience of dealing with internal and external auditors.
* Experience and knowledge of issues relating to charity compliance.
* Experience in Treasury management
* Experience of forecasting
* An understanding of legal agreements and experience of contract negotiations.
* Experience or familiarisation with SORP (Standard of Recommended Practice)
* Clear evidence of continuing professional development to ensure specialist skills in finance have been maintained and are up-to-date.
* I.T. competent, including use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Full driving licence and access to a car (please note relevant business insurance will be required on commencement of employment), to enable travel throughout Ireland and the UK and be willing to undertake occasional overnight stays away from home.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please send your CV to Patricia in Microsoft word format by clicking on the link. All applicants and enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If this role is not right for you, please get in touch with our experienced Consultants by calling our office. We are only to happy to help.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer