Job Description Summary
The Lead Power Electronics Drive Systems Engineer will be responsible for leading and performing Low voltage and medium voltage power electronics drive systems design tasks on System projects. This is a very exciting role involving working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers to specify MW-scale power electronics drive systems for Marine, Renewable Energy and Industry applications.Job DescriptionIn this role you will
apply engineering standards and develop design practices to specify, design and document drive systems (power electronics converters & machines) technical solutions. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Undertake modelling, analysis and simulation of power electronic converter & electrical machine drive systems, using standard industrial design tools such as: Matlab, Simulink, PLECS, PSpice, Mathcad, CFD, etc.
- Development of power electronic drive systems analytical, modelling tools for systems with a large degree of MW range power electronic converter systems. These will include power electronic inverter thermal studies, EMC, harmonic studies, common mode studies, rating evaluation, performance evaluation and optimisation etc.
- Verification, validation, testing of low voltage & medium voltage drive systems,
- Ensuring drive system designs comply with the relevant health & safety, International standards and class society rules.
- Support attainment of on-time delivery, cost and quality targets on projects.
- Provide technical assistance to tendering, test and commissioning teams.
We will be looking for
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, Masters or PhD degree in relevant field preferred.
- Design experience in power electronics or similar field.
- Knowledge of power electronics converter and electrical machines control methods.
- Skilled user of power electronics design tools such as Mathcad, MATLAB, Simulink, PLECS etc.
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electric transformation of the world's energy infrastructure.
We recognise the value of having wide range of perspectives in decision-making; and we foster an environment where everyone feels that they belong, that their contribution matters and they are able to perform to their full potential, no matter their background, identity or circumstances.
We also understand that not everyone has the same expectations about their jobs, careers and work-life balance, therefore we are happy to discuss flexibility requirements.
We are Power Conversion .Additional InformationRelocation Assistance Provided:
Job number: R3546181
Date posted : 2022-06-10
Employment type: Mid-Career