Overview / Responsibilities Purpose of the Position:
Responsibilities and Duties: Responsibility
- Manage the technical assurance process from tender stage across engineering to construction and their interfaces at various stages of the project cycle for Cable Systems.
- Co - ordination of engineering support to all construction activities across a number of projects.
- Management of project / site engineers ensuring competence and development of skills and knowledge for business needs.
- Management of the construction task reviews (RAMS) and collate library of information.
- Take ownership and manage project engineering delivery and construction support
- Lead a team of engineers (construction / design) and discipline specialists (where required) to deliver tasks
- Point of contact for construction management and clients for appointed schemes in conjunction with Design Manager and Lead Engineers.
- Provide technical input into Inspection Test Plans.
- Provide technical support and reviews to support the procurement process.
- Provide technical / construction support during tenders and design development when required
- Provide technical support on plant and equipment through collaborative working group.
- Support development of systems and technologies to enhance our efficiency, quality, and innovation
Skills / Qualifications
- Manage, coordinate, and contribute to delivery of tasks against the tender programme and budget, reporting and forecasting progress - from a design perspective
- Ensure delivery is compliant with Wood, industry and client standards and specifications
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with SPM Cabling Operations, Project Managers, Construction and Design Managers, Site / Project / Lead / Principal Discipline Engineers and Site Supervision.
- Provide input and support at HAZID / HAZOP / HAZCON reviews as required
- The review, appraisal and input into method statements and risk assessment and any supporting construction design studies, when required.
- Identification and development of personal engineering competence and where appropriate the development of others in the team
- Ensuring Wood technical compliance with CDM regulations. Providing guidance to senior managers if Principal Designer duties are a scope item.
- Work with site teams on innovations for cabling and jointing activities.
- Experience in a cable engineering environment including significant project / team leadership and proven track record of project delivery
- Knowledge of Cabling and related engineering specifications and standards, BSI, ENA
- Distinct competence or expert knowledge of one or more Cabling related civil, structural, and temporary works discipline areas
- Knowledge of HSE and CDM regulations
- Ability to perform Risk Assessments and develop mitigation strategies
- Training and experience in jointing / terminating / accessories and cable system engineering for both fluids filled and XLPE cable systems and installation of temporary works.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.