Are you a High Calibre Maintenance Engineer in the Manufacturing industry looking for a new challenge?
Due to on-going investment at our Hereford site, we are looking for keen and driven Multi-Skilled Engineers looking to develop their careers in a FMCG environment. We have gone through some very exciting changes recently and have seen impressive investment into new technology and automation within our factories. Every day we're innovating more than ever to stay ahead of the competition by being more efficient and more productive. As a Multi Skilled Engineer at our Hereford Factory, you would be working a 5-shift continental pattern which provides regular opportunities for conducting Engineering Projects, Continuous Improvement activities and Training & Development.Purpose of the role
Working as a member of the Engineering Team, you will develop plant reliability and operational capability by implementing robust maintenance strategies and resolving plant issues and breakdowns to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum. As a high calibre, Avara Foods Multi Skilled Engineer you will demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving, demonstrate fast paced decision making and use your technical background routinely across a wide and varied equipment and technology base.Your key responsibilities as a Multiskilled Engineer will include:
What we are looking for:
- To undertake planned preventative maintenance activities with due consideration for safe plant operations and product quality.
- To develop and enhance maintenance systems and procedures.
- Routinely undertake continuous improvement activities to develop plant capability and equipment reliability.
- To participate in plant improvements, modifications, and capital investment projects.
- To coach, mentor and support engineers and operational technicians as appropriate
- Act as a subject matter expert on plant equipment and technologies
- The successful candidate must be familiar with process machinery or equivalent equipment.
A little about us:
- Time served Multi-skilled Apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
- HNC in an engineering discipline
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and dynamic approach to safety
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst having a high attention to detail
- Able to communicate with clarity
Avara Foods is one of the UK's largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation's most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards. All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe which include:
What's in it for you?
- Virtual interview process
- Daily temperature screening
- Rolling out risk based Lateral Flow Testing across operational sites
- Social distancing measures - including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
- Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
- Face coverings required in all shared spaces
- Increased cleaning regimes across sites
As a Multiskilled Engineer,
you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as continuous development as you build your career with us. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- Competitive Pension
- Life Insurance
- Various lifestyle benefits, including wellbeing resources
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.