Within the professional services environment, appropriate risk management is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion and protection of our brand. Within EY, the Risk Management (RM) group (which covers audit Independence, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, data protection, enterprise and business risk, and other risk and regulatory areas), is responsible for the promotion, protection and support of risk management within the business. The group aims to uphold our business standards, maintain and enhance the value of the brand, and ensure that the firm complies with the rules and regulations imposed on it in relation to the conduct of its business.
The UK Independence Team forms part of the UK&I Risk Management Group ("RM") which reports directly to senior managementThe opportunity
Due to significant planned growth in the business, EY Risk Management is looking to significantly expand its UK Independence Team. A vacancy now exists for an Independence Manager within the Audit Pursuit area of the team.
The Independence Audit Pursuit team is responsible for evaluating independence and identifying any independence threats resulting from relationships with or services provided by EY to a prospective or existing audit client, including its affiliates, officers and directors.
This is a permanent, full time position based in London and prior Independence experience is a significant advantage for applicants to this position. Your key responsibilitiesYour day to day role will involve:
What we look for
- Providing technical Independence advice to the business with respect to audit pursuit and audit client acceptance procedures
- Overseeing and monitoring our independence systems, processes and procedures ensuring that we are meeting our requirements and delivering quality services at the highest levels
- Evaluating services and relationships the firm has with prospective audit clients, considering multiple independence regulations. This would include answering technical Independence queries from the business relating to a variety of subjects, including re permissibility of non-audit services, business relationships, personal Independence, litigation and other matters
- Advising audit teams on the necessary transitional arrangements, amendments or cancellations required as a result of prospective independence restrictions, should EY be selected as auditors.
- Reviewing consultations related to the effect the ratio of non-audit fees to audit fees would have on Independence to identify and assess the circumstances which could adversely affect the auditor's objectivity ('threats'), including any perceived loss of independence, and apply safeguards as appropriate
- Management/coaching of junior team members of the UK Independence team audit pursuits sub team
- Responsible for monitoring the "audit tender pipeline" and producing reports/analysis for Independence and firm leadership, as required
- Supporting Senior Managers and Directors on independence related initiatives/campaigns and with the resolution, documentation and communication of potential Independence breaches
- Provide training/support to offshore colleagues in EY overseas 'shared services centres' in respect of outsourced independence activities
- Provision of Independence training to the business
We are looking for someone with the following attributes / experience:Desired
- Independence professionals with current experience at Manager level. If currently at Senior Associate level (or equivalent), significant experience at that level and evidence that the individual is ready to step up and act as a Manager.
- Alternatively, Risk Management/Compliance professionals currently working at a manager level.
- Experience of managing a team
- Working knowledge of FRC Ethical Standard is not essential but will be a significant advantage for applicants to this role
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Individuals with audit/assurance or other relevant professional qualifications with experience in quality/risk management/independence procedures.
- A strong working knowledge of the concept of Ethics and Independence, in particular under the UK FRC Ethical Standard, IESBA Code of Ethics and USSEC regulations.
- Extensive experience of other financial services related rules and regulations.
What we offer
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptability and flexibility with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to build strong working relationships with service lines and develop an excellent understanding of their business
- Ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
- Ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
- Proactive approach and capability of working using own initiative
- Ability to manage and coach junior members of the team
- Strong communication ability with colleagues at all levels including delivering tough messages to senior leaders within the firm
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:Continuous learning:
You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.Success as defined by you:
We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.Transformative leadership:
We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.Diverse and inclusive culture:
You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.Apply now.