Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase - to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world. Digital Operational Risk & Control Manager (VP) - Edinburgh
As a Digital Operational Risk & Controls Manager, you'll be responsible for leading and building out an enhanced control framework which supports a continuous and integrated approach to risk assessment. Additionally, you will ensure the team assists in top down risk analysis, real time control issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis and remediation.Role Responsibilities:
- Create a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Review and analyze program related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) to support business-related programs and strategies
- Provide leadership support for the end-to-end execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment, including control breaks and resolutions, to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Engage with control colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators and technology control functions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Strong experience of financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
- Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create, and evaluate a Risk & Control Self-Assessment in conjunction with business partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we're setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success. Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each function and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Control Design & Expertise, Risks & Controls Identification/Assessment, Issues & Control Deficiencies and Control Governance & Reporting. Full time