We want to create the best content on the planet to help online sellers who ship their own orders. As our Head of Content Marketing you'll ensure that we are engaging these prospects on their terms, with high ranking content that answers their questions through search, and with attention grabbing content they can discover through social media, partnerships and email. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, collaborative, creative individual with excellent project management skills, and a proven track record turning content engagement into product sign ups.
Key job responsibilities
- You'll develop an editorial calendar of deep, well researched, action-oriented content that actually helps Sellers reach their goals, shielding them from the wall of shallow, clickbait noise that defines most ecommerce advice online.
- You'll work with paid marketing and partnerships to attract, engage, and convert Sellers through blog posts, online guides, events, video series, downloadable ebooks, podcasts, emails, webinars, heck... even notes attached to carrier pigeons - whatever it takes to meet our prospects where they live.
- You'll own SEO and our organic lead targets. You'll create and own our SEO strategy, generating pillar pages that claim top positions in competitive keywords; you'll deliver quality cluster content; you'll build our backlink program; and you'll have a solid technical understanding of ranking factors. You don't have to be an expert-level SEO but you'll manage external resources to plan, execute, and audit.
- You'll own marketing automation, building engagement experiences for each segment and stage.
- You'll manage our email marketing manager and build an internal and external content team capable of meeting our goals.
- You'll report on key content marketing business metrics, ensuring customer outcomes are auditable.
About the team
We have a small B2B marketing team that collaborates well on cross-functional initiatives. You'll work most closely with our paid marketing manager to drive top of funnel and our product marketer to drive bottom of funnel engagement. You'll have the support of a central ops and analyst team, a visual designer, and will directly manage our email marketing manager. You'll grow your content team as needed to meet your objectives.Basic qualifications
- Experience in B2B content marketing, owning strategy, leading teams (internal and/or external), creating standout content and delivering measurable results.
- Marketing automation certification (Pardot, Hubspot, Marketo, or similar).
- A strong understanding of the SaaS sales funnel, with a proven track record of generating quality inbound leads via SEO, social media, email and other forms of content distribution. *You must be able to demonstrate where you have delivered lead growth through content*
- A knowledge and passion for eCommerce operations, a slightly nerdy researcher, and an exceptional communicator
- Demonstrable experience developing industry knowledge in seemingly esoteric niches.
- You're an experienced user of the necessary technology to achieve your goals, e.g. SemRush, Ahrefs, Moz, Web CMS, Marketing Automation. If we don't have the right set up, you'll architect it for us, making the case internally for the tools you need.
- You're a killer writer and multimedia creator, but more than that, you're a great editor and project manager.
- Bonus points if you've already got a great network of freelance creators you can call on.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.