Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
We are now recruiting for a Programme Manager Technical Operations
within our Toxicology business based in Abingdon
, supporting the Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
This role will be responsible for bringing together the multiple projects that are undertaken within Technical Operations and ensuring that they are tracking to schedule and budget, flagging any risks and opportunities as the projects progress. In addition, the role holder will be responsible for preparing technical reports both in relation to product complaint investigations and ongoing validations being undertaken or managed by Technical Operations.
The role holder will assist the team in overseeing the manufacture of both the SoToxa mobile drugs of abuse analyser and lateral flow cartridge, together with assisting the Servicing Co-ordinator with servicing related projects.
There may be some national and international travel required from time to time.
- Implement programme management structure across all Technical Operations projects, ensuring that project plans are drafted, meeting minutes are recorded and shared and that project objectives are met
- Maintain lessons learned record and manage risks and opportunities related to projects
- Develop project charters, draft business cases and complete project performance reports for all ongoing projects
- Arrange regular calls with TPM (based in China), ensuring that all required parties participate
- Draft relevant reports following validations
- Compile and issue investigation reports following product complaint investigations, based on report issued by TPM
- Draft and maintain records of departmental KPIs, including preparation of monthly performance report
- Support Manager Technical Operations with preparation of slide decks and management reports
- Work with Product Stewardship in compiling component lists /reports in relation to REACH, ROSH, impact assessments for substances of concern, component end of life etc
- Work with Manager Technical Operations and Servicing Co-ordinator to identify and roll out system/database for tracking and managing service and repairs
The preferred profile
- Degree level education preferably in scientific discipline and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in a similar role project management role
- Excellent working knowledge of project management platforms such as MS Project, Jira etc
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across different departments, different levels and different cultures
- Experience in authoring formal reports
- Ability to show initiative in problem solving and identifying problems
- Project management certification such as PRINCE, APMP
- A second spoken language such as Spanish would be advantageous
- It is essential to have excellent written and spoken English
- Due to the nature of this role there will be a requirment to undertake work out side of normal hours
- Must have intermediate level Microsoft Office skills namely Excel, Word and PowerPiont
- Must be able to use project management tools such as MS Project
- Abitlity to work within a large multinational business, working across several timezones and cultures
- A comprehensive range of benefits including competitive salaries
- A fantastic defined contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A fantastic flexible benefits scheme
An equal opportunity employer
, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable adjustments to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable adjustment, please speak to your recruiter.
Job number: 31019166
Date posted : 2022-06-09
Profession: Business Support
Employment type: Full time