The EMEA Trading Operations Head will be responsible for the operational support for the Secondary Par Trading Business executed on the CEP trading entities.
The team is responsible for trade settlement, portfolio serving and exception management for the trading portfolio with assets under management of $2B.
The role has responsibility across the end to end operational support model covering all aspects of portfolio management, client service delivery, control and KPI management in conjunction with facilitation of numerous transformational programs in flight across the sector inclusive of strategic implementation of LoanIQ Product Processor
The Loan Doc & Proc Group Mgr. is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Individual must be accountable, ethical, results oriented, trust worthy and credible.Responsibilities:
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing loan documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the loan process. Activities will include independently processing and closing loans within a complex loans operation environment. Accountable for management of a complex / critical / large professional disciplinary area within loan documentation .Serves as a strategic partner with other businesses and strives to facilitate their success
- Supports a wide range of internal clients (product, sales, client delivery, and technology) and external corporate clients
- Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources, and exercises control over resources, budget, policy formulation and planning
- Applies comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within loan documentation and sound knowledge of other areas (cash management / treasury etc.), to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area
- Manages complex and highly variable issues associated with loan documentation with significant potential impact across multiple operations areas, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs
- Liaises with various stockholders on varying matters
- Leads change-the-bank projects, resolves escalated issues and/or offers solutions at an advanced level
- Serves as analytical and/or procedural expert representing loan documentation on cross functional processes or project deliverables
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions, and streamline processes, in order to increase productivity and efficiencies with cost-saving opportunities
- Closely follows trends in loan documentation and adapts them for application within own job and the business
- Builds effective relationships with clients; facilitates, influences and enables change
Implements and manages a successful risk/control environment related to loan documentation processes
- Manages compliance efforts to follow policies and procedures, as well as contributing to defining standards
- Keeps abreast of Citi's operational processes and best practices in business strategy
- Acts as an advisor to provide guidance and coaching to new or junior level staff
- Has direct responsibility for developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships (internal and external)
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Skills: Must Have
- Advanced Knowledge of Business Processes, Systems and Tools used in the Loan Process
- Expert Knowledge of Loan Products and Loan Services
- In-Depth Knowledge of risk types, policies and control measures and processes
- Applies Compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to Policies
- Demonstrate High level Ability of using evaluative and ethical judgment to make decisions
- Significant Ability of Identifying, mitigating, resolving, managing and escalating risks and issues
- Ability to view multiple perspectives, prioritize, adapt and multi-task
- Strategic thinker, considers the end-to-end, adjacent impacts to the broader system; formulate strategies and innovate
- High Level Ability to analyze and think critically and conceptually and interpretively to solve problems. Includes ability to identify opportunities, assess needs, conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses, synthesize insights and provide recommendations.
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) and present with diplomacy; Ability to build and manage relationships through advising, collaborating, influencing, negotiating and persuading.
- Ability to plan (long-term, medium-term and short-term), create and manage budgets and reduce expenses / save costs
- Demonstrates Ability of Leading, managing accountability and managing complexity; Ability to coach, facilitate and guide to achieve results
- Responsible for Managing and developing a team or multiple teams, including people-related actions and decisions such as performance evaluations, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations
Skills: Prefer to Have
- General Knowledge of accounting principles and accounting practices (e.g. US GAAP)
- Knowledge of Loan Processes and Procedures
- Ability of Managing, preparing and reviewing loan documentation
- Awareness of the industry, competitors and trends
- General Knowledge of Financial Products, such as Cash Management, Treasury, the Trade Lifecycle
- Ability to manage, improve, and design processes and standard operating procedures, including managing KPIs and SLAs to monitor and enhance service quality and process integrity.
- Ability of Implementing projects for system Implementation, technology enhancements through project management and coordination skills
- 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness in people management - in particular engaging and developing the team
- A leader who is able to multi-task and manage through complexity effectively in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services
Loan Documentation and Processing
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting