The Enterprise Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds, who work hand in hand with AWS customers to understand the customer's needs and provide prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with AWS technology.
As part of this team, you will blend business acumen with technical guidance to effectively engage with Enterprise organizations at all stages of cloud adoption, helping them reinvent their businesses using AWS technology, guiding them on their cloud journey. You will encourage innovation and drive change to achieve better customer outcomes.
You will manage the overall technical relationship between our customers and AWS, and lead activities such as architecture reviews, white-boarding sessions, creating and delivering demos and technical workshops. You will engage at all levels of the organization to influence decision makers. Internally you'll be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features as well as collaborating with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, and the AWS partner ecosystem.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will create and share best practices, technical content and reference architectures, for a variety of use cases. e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container based architectures, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security.
You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
This role is within the United Kingdom & Ireland (UK&I) organization, working with Enterprise customers. Our Enterprise customers are some of the largest Enterprise organisations in the UK&I, operating within Retail, FSI, Engineering, Media, Telecoms, Travel, Hospitality, Consumer Packaged Goods and Real Money Gaming Industries. They often have significant technology landscapes built over many years to support a large scale business which will require you to be comfortable dealing with complexity and a broad set of technologies and use cases. You will be focused on one of these Industries, building depth in common use cases, creating reusable solutions and guiding your customer with insight into industry technology best practices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work directly with Enterprise customers to accelerate their challenging projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes
- Build technical relationships with customers up to the C-suite and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
- Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
- Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
- Evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
- Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members and knowledge sharing
- Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your customer's outcomes and your interests.
- Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
- Fluent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for technology and for learning.
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Experience designing, building, migrating, refactoring or operating impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
- Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
- In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
- Experience working with one or more of Retail, FSI, Engineering, Media, Telecoms, Travel, Hospitality, Consumer Packaged Goods and Real Money Gaming Industries
- Experience with public speaking
- AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other relevant industry certification.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.