Are you a qualified Accountant, wanting a leadership role?
Would you like less of the "doing" and to focus more on strengthening your management skills?
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager to lead our biggest service line, around 50 million!!
This role is very much passionate about leadership and high level partner management. With less of the month end responsibilities, we are looking for a driven, knowledgeable and hardworking individual to take the helm of this high value area. Line developing a team of up to 4 accomplished Finance Managers, you will take an active senior position within the team, centred around the management of this service line, attending management meetings, utilising their influencing skills and also guide and coach the team.
A key part will be working directly with senior partners such as heads of departments and Directors, providing insightful and useful analysis. The ideal candidate will be analytical, have impeccable attention to detail, be dedicated with the ability to build relationships with high level partners!
The role offers fantastic opportunity in our organisation to develop a career in a unique joint venture with a track record of developing employees and internal progression backed by the Sopra Steria group, a European leader of digital transformation with nearly 7,000 employees in the UK alone. The role would ideally be suited to a qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/etc professional body qualification) who is looking to utilise management accounting experience to business partner senior collaborators. What you will be doing:
What you will bring:
- Management of the Finance & Accounting business stream
- Financially support/business partner MD/FD;
- Monthly close of on a timely, accurate and professional basis (Monthly accounting adjustments/Variance analysis commentary/Forecasting);
- Manage revenue recognition of a key client service contract and additional charges;
- Update key financials P&L of the F&A service line and operational departments;
- Lead P&L forecast updates;
- Develop the team dedicated to this business area (4 Finance Managers), coaching and providing consistent support and development
- Produce cost/benefits analysis of various internal business cases;
- Build and maintain financial models;
- Ad Hoc financial analysis & modelling;
- Experience within a leadership role, service line management at board level
- Solid understanding within the private sector
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA, etc);
- Team management and mentor experience
- Previous experience in management accounts (Forecasting/Variance analysis/Performance reporting etc);
- Sound background in collaborating with senior partners
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you! Employment Type:
Full-time, Permanent Location:
LeedsSecurity Clearance Level:
up to 65,000 per annumBenefits:
6,600 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical (couple), life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can promote work/life balance, increase your motivation, reduce stress and improve performance and productivity. We support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
This year NHS SBS has been ranked in the top 40 large companies to work for in the UK and our unique partnership between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria means that we are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
Our vision is to help the NHS save money and enhance quality, providing a real-life impact where the changes we make can improve health, innovate to save lives, and deliver better outcomes.
Do you want to part of our journey?
Job number: 7242
Date posted : 2022-03-02
Profession: Central Functions
Employment type: Full-time