Senior Credit Analyst
Ref: W - 13143 | category: Asset Based Lending
Posted: 17th March 2022
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK's most innovative providers of Asset Based Lending solutions as a Senior Credit Analyst.
This technical role requires a dedicated credit specialist to work closely with the Risk & Compliance Team to support and manage the credit underwriting process for new deal opportunities. You will be responsible for the due diligence process and providing constructive challenge to deal structuring.Key Responsibilities
New business proposals:
- Work as part of a deal team to progress proposals through the credit process.
- Attend prospect meetings as required to enable thorough due diligence.
- Liaise with, and have oversight of, 3rd party due diligence providers as required.
- Detailed review of client models to check the integrity, logic and consistency of integration between P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet. Highlighting inconsistencies, errors or higher risk areas with the deal team.
- Validate the prospects approach to forecasting, identifying KPI's and model drivers, ensuring model outputs are consistent with expectations.
- Based on due diligence, and the information provided, analyse, interrogate and interpret in detail the prospective clients' background, management team, assets, financial results, business plan and financial forecasts.
- Use this to identify and mitigate potential risks and run appropriate sensitivity analysis.
- Assist the deal team with constructing, and the modelling of, an appropriate suite of financial and operational covenants
- Prepare detailed reports on all elements of due diligence for submission to credit committee, or inclusion in the credit application.
- Work alongside the sales team to prepare Credit Committee applications.
- Attend Credit Committee and respond to any questions as appropriate.
- Follow up on requests from Credit Committee.
- Document and maintain detailed and accurate records of all of the above.
- Once approved, liaise with the new business and operations teams to engage 3rd party counsel to prepare and negotiate facility / security documentation.
- Attend as required calls / meetings in relation to legal negotiations, and feedback / obtain approval for document amendments as appropriate.
- Oversee pre-commencement conditions and conditions precedent in conjunction with sales and operations.
- Following completion ensure a detailed handover to portfolio / operations and ensure all the relevant documents are filed as required.
- Oversee the credit process to ensure all the relevant steps are completed.
- Liaise with Davidson Kemper in relation to Credit Committee calls / meetings.
- Ensure that all credit submissions are complete and all relevant documents are submitted in good time to enable informed credit decisions.
- Take or arrange minutes of all credit committees to provide a detailed audit trail of credit decisions and requests.
- Work alongside the MD of Risk and Operations Team to develop and maintain credit related policies, procedures and documentation.
- Make suggestions for process improvement and, if formally agreed, be part of the implementation team.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced team members. Identify opportunities to raise knowledge and awareness.
- Maintain and develop an appropriate network of professionals and other business contacts.
- Attend and take part in training courses as agreed.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a market leading salary and benefits package.