Job: FinancePrimary Location: Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-LondonSchedule: Full-timeEmployee Status: PermanentPosting Date: 01/Apr/2022, 5:25:19 PMUnposting Date: OngoingAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The role is part of the UK Finance department which is responsible for all financial and management reporting for the region including supporting the various business heads, the Regional CEO and all the Group functions and business teams across our Global footprint to understand, manage and drive the complex business and operations within Europe. Our presence in Europe is key to connecting our footprint markets of Asia, Africa and the Middle East with the West through offering global support as the centre of excellence for product and segment teams.
This role is within the UK Country Finance team which is responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the legal entity books and records for Head Office, Treasury and UK Subsidiaries. Strategy
- Supporting the Aspire programme to deliver a new ledger, the GPTM TP system and the use of SAP DM for the Statutory Accounts as well as any other parts of the project that overlap with the UK subsidiaries.
- From time to time working on specific Corporate Plan items and Group Corporate Development projects
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the legal entity books and records of UK subsidiaries, Dutch holding companies, a Cayman and a Luxembourg domiciled entity.
- Being a UK business partner to SC Ventures.
- Preparing, reviewing and providing management information
- Explaining movements in financial balances clearly and succinctly, demonstrating an understanding of the underlying drivers
People and Talent
- Review and approve month end and quarter end journals and propose journals where adjustments to the ledger are needed
- Responsible for ensuring reference data is set up in the transaction processing and finance systems.
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial statements are prepared, audited, signed and filed for UK subsidiaries. This includes management of key stakeholders (Tax, EY, Company Secretariat, and other relevant control functions).
- Assisting in liquidations of unneeded SPVs and capital restructuring's including working with various other departments including Tax, Treasury, Legal and Company Secretariat.
- Applying Group accounting policies, standards, procedures and internal control practices across UK Head Office, UK subsidiaries, and SC Ventures.
- Ensuring accuracy, integrity and timely submission of all IFRS pack reporting using UK general ledgers as source, including external data requests and other quarterly group reporting requirements.
- Help prepare quarterly CFO/CEO review pack for UK Subsidiaries & PLC.
- Sign off UK Finance owned accounts in FCS
- Managing queries from Group Finance, Product Control, Treasury and Tax in respect of UK subsidiaries.
- Ad-hoc reporting for UK Regulators and Group Finance
- Work with Group Finance regarding changes to reporting or new requirements
- Be able to track major transactions through the transaction processing systems to the general ledger
- Develop Global Finance Services personal through feedback and coaching
- Work with Global Finance Services personal to solve problems
- Ensuring an effective system of internal financial controls are in place.
- Ensuring financial/fiduciary reporting obligations are met on time and to a high quality
- Challenging current practices and procedures including identification and rectification of control weaknesses in them.
- Implement a monthly analytical review process for Management Reporting adjustments
- Review, challenge, evidence and sign off substantiation of balances
- Establish and maintain standardised financial reporting and control
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Maintenance of Department Operating Instructions (DOIs)
- Presenting to the monthly Functional Operational Risk Team Meeting (FORTM)
- Applying Group accounting policies, standards, procedures and internal control practices
- Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Group Accounting Manual and other regulatory accounting guidelines
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
UK Financial Controller
Global Finance Services, Chennai and Bangalore
Group Corporate Secretary
Our Ideal Candidate
- Participate in country and business projects when required
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Qualified accountant
- Proven ability in financial and management accounting
- Current theoretical and practical knowledge of IFRS and its implications on reporting.
- Knowledge of the Companies Act and its requirements is desirable but not essential
- Practical experience with banking reporting systems and tools is desirable but not essential
- A self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to set and manage their own agenda
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to drive change effectively
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions. To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.