Senior Analyst for the P&C Insurance Sector in EMEA - Business and IT Analyst Profile
In this role, you will be advising C-level executives and their teams about the use of technology in the insurance industry. More specifically, you will be joining the insurance analyst's team at Celent, to work with top insurers in Europe and all around the world.
At Celent we work with the top insurers and providers to this industry around the world by providing them fact-based advice through proprietary research we publish regularly in our digital platform using primary data collected through surveys and regular interactions with the market.
This data becomes an asset that analysts use to provide fact-based advice to C-level executives and their teams by also engaging in calls, meetings, consulting, and public speaking opportunities.
Analysts are sought for their knowledge not only by Celent customers but it's not infrequent they will be requested by the press, industry bodies, and major conference organizers to provide their insights on IT related topics affecting the insurance industry, which gives you a unique opportunity to develop your personal brand.
As part of our global, entrepreneurial team, you'll do meaningful work from day one. We're looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us.
For over 20 years, Celent has helped senior executives make confident decisions around their technology strategies to execute at scale.
We exist to understand how emerging technologies are positioned to disrupt the financial services sector, influencing the creation of new propositions and business models. Our goal is to educate and inform our clients about the amazing benefits of this technology and how they can deploy them for advantage.
As the financial services industry rapidly evolves, there is more complexity, with new regulations, startups, technologies, and applications to stay on top of and prioritize. Celent helps connect this ever-changing puzzle. We offer objective advice and clarity, backed by a database of thousands of solutions and award-winning global best practice use cases. With real-life domain expertise, we also guide our customers through the maze of emerging tech in the pursuit of value.
Our people, data, insights, and relationships form the foundation for Celent customers to make confident technology decisions in financial services.
We are part of the Oliver Wyman Group, a wholly-owned operating unit of Marsh McLennan [NYSE: MMC].Required Profile
We are looking for an energetic and ambitious insurance business and IT expert to contribute towards and help shape the client agenda for the insurance sector within Celent, working within a team of like-minded analysts charged with creating content for and providing advice to executives within insurers, MGAs, their platforms and the surrounding ecosystem of market participants.
The candidate should be comfortable with building trusted relationships with clients from across the sector, at a variety of levels from an IT strategy and practitioner level through to C-level. This is primarily a business technology strategy role as opposed to business or market strategy.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in insurance technology.
- Professional experience:
- 5+ years' experience in an insurance company in Europe (UK preferred) with some responsibility for technology strategy, or
- 5 to 10 years' experience in a European (the UK preferred) consulting firm serving the insurance industry, or insurance-focused technology firm in a strategy, research, or consulting role.
- Skill and expertise:
- Excellent English spoken and written, proficiency in German, Italian or Spanish is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to learn about and master new areas of technology
- Commercial experience, with a collaborative approach to problem-solving, and the ability to work in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Working knowledge of insurer systems, interfaces, data and the underlying infrastructure and the day-to-day operations of an insurance provider is a plus.
- A keen interest in understanding emerging technologies and their relationship to fintech.
- Leadership potential.
- Academic background:
- IT-related degrees is a plus.
- MBAs or other advanced degrees (MS, PhD, etc.) is a plus.
The role will be based in London, United Kingdom. Location is flexible; either working from home, or from Oliver Wyman's offices in London.
Job number: R_176716
Date posted : 2022-03-25
Employment type: Regular