We are looking for an Associate Director to join the EMEIA FSO Consulting Operations Team to lead the Resource Management Team for the Service Line across EMEIA FSO in our 12 Countries, 2 Sub-service Lines and 3 Hubs. You will work closely with the EMEIA FSO Consulting Operations Director in operationalizing the Resource Management operating model to support our EMEIA FSO Consulting business.
In this role you will lead the Resource Management function to facilitate input on workforce strategy and processes to realize business ambition of Transform Supply agenda. The focus of your Resource Management function will be to enable business success, maintain operational excellence, and ensure we are creating the best career experiences for our 5,000+ client servicing professionals in EMEIA FSO Consulting. You will accomplish this by deploying consistent processes, technology/automation solutions, and establishing strong teams to implement the Resource Management plan within each market. You will lead/participate in various EMEIA FSO Consulting initiatives to enhance the Resource Management operating model.
Outside of the EMEIA FSO Consulting Resource Management team you will build a strong network with Resource Management functions within FSO, EMEIA and our global business. You will also work closely with Talent and Finance functions.
You will have experience of Resource or Experience Management, preferably within a partnership or matrix structure and within an international organization. You will be expected to quickly develop a deep understanding of the key issues and challenges we face and drive effectiveness of resource management operating modelYour key responsibilitiesFunctional Leadership
- Implement standardized EMEIA Resource Management processes across the 12 Countries and maintain central process ownership for ongoing improvement.
- Enable consistent adoption of firm-wide Resource Management solutions (Retain, My Experiences, My Competencies, MERA etc.).
- Identify and consistently implement enabling tech/automation solutions for the function.
- Lead day to day run of EMEIA FSO Consulting RM function including resolution of staffing escalations and conflicts, and engaging market Resource Management leads.
- Design, implement and maintain consistent Resource Management reports at market and regional SL level.
- Represent EMEIA FSO Consulting Resource Management function within larger EMEIA and global RM community and leverage best practices and new tools.
- Lead 12 Country-based Resource Management leaders and provide guidance and direction for local management of their Resource Managers.
- Define and maintain performance management expectations (rank and role) for the function.
- Drive and foster a sense of one-FSO EMEIA Consulting Resource Management community though collaboration and teaming.
Skills and attributes for success
- Engage Regional Sub-Service Line, Competency, and Operations Leaders periodically to understand medium- and long-term workforce strategy and enable the execution.
- Engage Regional Sector Leaders periodically to understand medium- and long-term market demand and enable the convergence of demand and supply.
- Engage leadership in the market along with market RM leader periodically to discuss and review RM functional needs and challenges.
- Enable the transform supply agenda (delivery mix, resource mix, D&I agenda) and facilitate strategic workforce planning (capacity, capability).
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong leader who is self-motivated, self-reliant and results orientated.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability work under pressure to meet competing demands.
- Confident and resilient to deal with challenges from the business and client facing individuals.
- Proven experience overseeing a team or area with management responsibilities.
- Strong stakeholder management capability to effectively influence Engagement Partners, Directors and Managers on deployment solutions
- Business acumen to challenge the commercial drivers of deployment decisions and demonstrate wider cross Service Line perspective to deliver results.
- Problem solving and analytical mindset to resolve complex challenges.
What we look for
- Proven experience within Resource Management function (additionally Operational, HR or Recruitment function background), ideally within a professional services environment and/or Financial Services sector.
- Experience in a management role.
- University degree or equivalent years of experience.
What working at EY offers
- An experienced trusted business advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of financial management. You will work closely with many stakeholders across the business so the ability to build strong and effective relationships will be critical.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and Consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.