Job Description:Test Architect/Programme Test ManagerLevel:
70,100 - 92,300 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessmentAre you ready to make an impact?..
We have an exciting opportunity for a Test Architect/Programme Test Manager
to join our team and help drive the delivery of the next evolution of a key part of UK National Infrastructure. As part of the programme leadership team, the role will be a mix of on-site working from our Whiteley office (UK) & remote working and the individual will provide test leadership across a large multi-organisation team to successfully deliver a developmental programme to our customer NATS. This position is a full time, permanent role, and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) a security clearance.Are you ready for your next career challenge?At Leidos,
we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of modern air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world's air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, Leidos's proven track record and industry-leading innovations make it the world's most trusted air traffic control partner. In the U.K., Leidos has supported NATS since the early 1990s, starting with the development of the current en-route air traffic system, migration and ongoing development and support.The Role You Will Play:
The successful candidate will have a broad set of experience including a good understanding of various test methodologies and approaches, from Waterfall to Agile, including test automation. Using their experience in Test Architecture and Test Programme Management to deliver successful projects and programmes, the successful candidate will create innovative, efficient and effective approaches to testing and assurance in this safety related domain. This will require the co-ordination & integration of a large number of delivery systems, services & applications and the subsequent verification & validation at the systems of systems layer including full service testing in an operational environment. The successful candidate should have not only excellent leadership skills, but also be comfortable at communicating at presenting to audiences from test managers up to executive level sponsors.
The successful candidate will not only be responsible for technical management of the test area, but also have cost, schedule & risk management responsibilities and so CAM/WPM and planning experience of a significant test delivery programme is also key.
Specific duties may include:
- Strategic and technical leadership and direction to support the delivery of effective testing
- Providing exceptional guidance and support in defining test strategy, process techniques, levels, organisation, tools/frameworks/technologies, infrastructure, environments and data across a variety of delivery and technology landscapes and methodologies, balancing a delivery and commercial focus for Leidos activities, Customer activities & supplier activities
- Development, promotion and communication of a clear vision and strategy for the integration and test team
- Providing goals and objectives for the team in line with the Test Strategy
- Leading and coaching a highly efficient integration and test team and grow its capability to achieve the best blend of automation and specialist skills
- Working with the wider Leidos test community to stay current with evolving Leidos processes, tools and methods
- Analysis and definition of effective test strategy and approaches for a variety of delivery and technology landscapes, ensuring cost effective testing solutions balanced with business and technical risk and implementing continuous improvement & cost efficiencies
- Test documentation creation (Test Plan, Test Closure Report, Test Packs with test scenarios)
- Workpackage Management across the Leidos test campaign - including cost & schedule planning/tracking/reporting/course correcting and effective risk management
- Significant experience (10+ years) within large scale/systems of systems/portfolio systems integration programmes (100M+)
- Significant experience (10-15 years) of test planning, management and execution, preferably in large scale, complex virtualised and cloud computing environments
- Strong experience of managing third party suppliers including how to streamline their test campaigns
- Ability to collaborate and influence across both technical and non-technical stakeholders, resources and teams
- Experience of service testing, system testing, operational testing, functional & non-functional testing
- Experience of testing to support failure mode and safety case related analysis
- Exceptional understanding of technology and testing, including common solutions and architectures, test automation, emerging technology and testing trends, and test techniques/technologies/tooling.
- Success in technical project management leadership
- Comprehensive understanding and demonstrable implementation experience of defining & execution of various test strategies and methodologies at the portfolio/systems integration level
- Able to use understanding of customer needs and expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives
- Significant experience across a number of broad technology disciplines, including domains such as digital transformation, mission critical, application consolidation, infrastructure design & migration (including Cloud & Data Centre), software development, service integration, and data analytics
- Working with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally, excellent communication skills and stakeholder management is key. You must have experience in managing complex 3rd party relationships.
- Previous experience of test management and line management is essential to enable to you support a number of Test Managers across multiple workstreams
- Air Traffic Management knowledge would be advantageous
- Experience of SOA/ITIL/Service Management methodologies
- Earned Value Management
- Prior experience of work package management of a test campaign
- Seen as an authority/expert in the test domain
- Management and hands-on delivery of exceptional test processes and practices in a variety of complex delivery landscapes
- Extensive background and experience in system testing, including test automation
- Can deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation
- Demonstrates commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices
- Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches
What do we do for you?:
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working: Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range:
Pay Range 70,100.00 - 92,300.00 - 114,500.00Summary
- Location: Whiteley, Hampshire, UK
- Type: Full time