Amazon is creating a portfolio of private brands in consumer goods across a wide range of categories and quality tiers. We are looking for a Senior Vendor Manager to lead the sourcing within a Fresh private label product category for our Amazon Fresh business, covering both physical stores and online.
Amazon Fresh Private Brands is looking for an exceptionally motivated and talented Senior Vendor Manager with a strong customer focus to lead the management of a product category. The Senior Vendor Manager will be responsible for developing, sourcing and launching products as well as on-going supplier optimisation and management. You will work with internal channel stakeholders and cross-functional teams, including marketing, traffic, design, commercialisation, finance and operations.
The successful candidate must be able to work in an ambiguous but collegial environment where teamwork across functions is critical. You will have a high degree of ownership and integrity, be an independent self-starter with strong entrepreneurial drive.
The successful Senior Vendor Manager must be able to:
• Act as the business owner for their categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business
• Have a thorough understanding of seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, while meeting tight deadlines
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability goals.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, or preferably in a technical/analytical discipline
· 5+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience with Excel and database work
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Experience in consulting and/or retail/consumer products industries
· Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
· Proven analytical skills and highly comfortable with numbers
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate sophisticated projects with various technical/engineering teams
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritisation, planning and task delegation
· Broad commercial awareness developed in a fast-moving environment
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including strong writing and speaking skills
· Experience in SQL as a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.