Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?Main purpose of the role & responsibilities in the business:
As aTechnical Specialist (Platform) inKainos, you'll be responsible for leading teamsdeveloping high quality solutions which delight our customers.As a technical leader within Kainos (typically on a project), you'll work with customer architects todesign, automate, build and support modern digitalserviceplatforms, advising on estimated effort and technical implications ofuser stories and decisions. Your area of specialisation will be recognised through preferential project placement alongside tailored Learning & Development opportunities, but you'll adaptable to business needs and will have a strong grounding in technical architecture to fulfil other roles. It's a fast-paced environment and you'll be trusted to make sound, reasoned decisions as you continually learn and advance new technologies and approaches with talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Minimum (essential) requirements
- Championing technology - You'll be an accredited and industry respected technologist who will be given opportunities to prioritise your development in your specialist area.
- Developing Kainos as a business - You'll help to identify, qualify and win new opportunities and will be actively involved in business development activities relating to your specialist area working with customer architects, technology and business leaders to influence use of technology.
- Being opinionated - As a respected voice within Kainos and within your specialist area, you'll agitate to improve the quality of our solutions and proactively share knowledge both internally and externally.
- Providing assurance - As a specialist, you'll involve yourself across delivery projects to ensure appropriate use of the technology; this will require a critical eye and often a piercing intuition.
- Being a point of escalation - Your specialist expertise will be leveraged to help respond with precision and speed. This could be to help identify the cause of a performance problem or to help understand quirks in behaviours of managed services.
- Providing technical leadership - You'll provide technical leadership across projects utilising your specialist expertise which will often require you to be hands-on and placed in challenging but rewarding situations to ensure successful adoption and customer outcomes in your specialist area.
- Being a role model - You'll support your colleagues and foster a DevOps culture in all that you do by embodying the Kainos values. You'll be the person people look up to - people trust your decisions because they are transparent and justified. You'll be passionate and committed to ensuring Kainos projects are successful.
- Putting people first & developing others - You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You'll help build a community of practice in your specialist area.
- Being Adaptable - Whilst work in your specialist area will be prioritised, working outside of this area in a more general technical architecture role may be required as business demands dictate. You'll mould yourself to customer engagements and stretch to learn new skills as needs arise; through this you'll be supported by talented colleagues across Learning & Development and Architecture.
- Obtained advanced certification from an accredited body in your area of specialisation (must be valid).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentation to a technical and non-technical audience.
- We all work in teams here in Kainos - You'll need a proven experience of team leadership and supporting a DevOps culture through delivery engagements.
- We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing junior members of your team and wider community.
- Demonstrable personal ownership of:
- Building and operating modern digital service platform (or significant portions thereof) including architecture, estimation, planning,non-functional requirements and Continuous Improvement activities using modern agile techniques.
- Significant expertise in:
- Designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring and supporting modern digital service platforms in production environments.
- Applying your specialist expertise on delivery projects e.g. non-theoretical applications of the technology (preferably not proofs of concept).
- Making effective decisions within fast-moving delivery environments.
- Using public cloudplatforms - including SaaS or PaaS offerings - to solve business problems (AWS or Azure).
- Completing platform reviews to identify areas of improvement and risk.
- Demonstrable experience in:
- Utilizing the latest Continuous Delivery techniques for releasing operationally ready software to production.
- Pro-actively developing business with Kainos colleagues in your specialist area.
- Use of automation tooling and proficient in one of the following: Powershell, Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, Groovy.
- Actively sharing knowledge and developing capability in your area of specialization to build a community of practice.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Third level - or equivalent - qualification in a related discipline.
- Obtained certification with a public cloud provider (AWS/Azure).
- Experience of Cloud Native Tooling and Approaches.
- Active contributor to open-source communities.
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
- Location: London
- Type: Full time