is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.Derivatives Clearing
Our Derivatives Clearing business works as a single service provider across the trade life cycle, helping clients execute, clear and settle transactions across a broad suite of products.Derivative Operations
provides operational support across the CIB, covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
Derivatives Clearing Operations
- Account Operations, Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support.
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
as the primary operations arm for the Derivatives Clearing business. The group supports Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Operations, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
- JPM is the largest Futures Commission Merchant based on Client Assets
- The firm processes over 750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily
- We provide clearing at 62 global Clearing Houses
Derivatives Clearing Account Operations team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of client accounts for its Clearing and Prime Brokerage product offerings. These offerings cover a number of products including; Listed Futures & Options, OTC Credit, OTC Rates, Equity Options and Foreign Exchange trading. The primary functions will focus on day to day account setup and client configuration. Candidates will have to have a strong understanding of the above mentioned products, as well as working knowledge of the overall clearing model. The successful candidate will also be responsible for assisting in the resolution of trade breaks relating to reference data and account setups. This will require the candidate to develop a deep understanding of the firm's system architecture and processes. The role will also involve partnering with a number of stakeholders as well as downstream partners (often spanning the globe), therefore candidates with strong interpersonal and project management skills are preferred. Additionally, as our business' product offering is ever expanding, candidates will be expected to play key roles in developing new process and products. This role will involve daily interaction with clients, Front Office, middle office & operations groups globally, as well as frequent interaction with technology and project delivery teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting day to day account configuration and technical configuration requests from business stakeholders and customers. The role also requires the individual to serve as a subject matter expert for the development of new product offerings. The individual will also be responsible for resolving technical issues resulting from system architecture and reference data related trade breaks. In addition, the candidate will be required to leverage information technology and data analytics tools in order to develop new applications aimed at identifying potential client configurations issues automatically, in an effort to prevent possible trade breaks, margin errors, and pricing/valuation discrepancies.Summary of Responsibilities
- End to end owner of the client account setup process.
- Partner with business partners to understand the client service needs. Validate client requirements vs services offered, and implement solutions where necessary.
- Management of client account reference data.
- Assist in the resolution of reference data related trade breaks.
- Aid in the development of new derivatives clearing products and the associated account structures.
Skills and QualificationsTechnical Qualifications
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for investigating and troubleshooting issues to ensure smooth trade processing.
- Manage client connectivity, account set-up and technical configuration processes in order to integrate customer systems onto the various internal and external platforms (ie. SEF, CCP) required for trade execution, processing margining and settlement.
- Partner with internal stakeholders - including Transition Management and Client Service teams - and externally with clients/vendors to assess client onboarding requirements, and develop optimized account infrastructures to fit each customer's needs.
- Perform metadata reconciliations between internal and external systems to ensure accuracy of trade matching, settlement, reporting and exposure management, prior to trade execution, in order to preempt potential trade matching breaks.
Interpersonal Skill Requirements
- Working experience in the financial services industry, a related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Working knowledge of the Clearing product with experience supporting one (or more) of the following products: Futures & Options, Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, and Foreign Exchange.
- Deep understanding of the Foreign Exchange Derivatives, with a particular focus on credit risk management and the clearing model. The candidate must demonstrate a fair level of expertise in the following:
- Traiana's credit monitoring and trade processing engines including; CreditLink, Harmony, and TRM. The candidate must have working knowledge of the intricate mapping, pricing and configuration capabilities of each of these tools.
- Trade break investigations for technical issues with respect to forex electronic communication networks ("ECN's").
- Portfolio risk margining of OTC foreign exchange products.
- Strong technical skills: A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is mandatory, particularly Excel. Data analytics skills and comfort working with big data is ideal. Experience with some form of coding (VBA, SQL, Python, or Java) would be a plus.
- Applicants with strong analytical skills will also be strongly considered. Experience working with data analysis and visualization tools such as R, MATLAB, Alteryx or Tableau would be ideal.
In addition to the above technical skills, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Candidate must have the ability to perform in a fast paced and demanding work environment. They must demonstrate the ability to deliver on aggressive timelines while demonstrating comfort in pressure situations.
- Candidate must exhibit an earnest commitment to teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work well in a team environment will be crucial to their success.
- Personal Motivation is required. The candidate must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and has the ability to work & learn independently, without sacrificing the aforementioned commitment to the team.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong emotional intelligence. They will demonstrate composure in challenging situations, leverage active listening techniques, and will manage conversations effectively.
- The successful candidate will be solution oriented. They must approach issues in an objective manner, Identify root causes and takes action. They must have perspective and see issues and goals from different angles and levels.
- Sound Judgment and effective communication skills are required. Must possess excellent written and verbal skills as networking is required for effective delivery
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience. Full time