Line of Service
Internal Firm ServicesIndustry/Sector
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)Management Level
Senior ManagerJob Description & Summary
We can offer this position on a Permanent basis or a 12 month Secondment/FTC
London base preferred but other locations considered
About Consulting Risk Management
Our centralised Consulting Risk Management team (CRM) are responsible for supporting our Consulting line of service through the entire engagement lifecycle; we provide a consultative and collaborative approach to risk management enabling our Consulting line of service to deliver complex, multi-million-pound, multi-territory, tech enabled transformation projects for our clients.
In a landscape where clients' expectations and our contractual responsibilities can blur, the scrutiny on our profession from the press and regulators increases and there is a continued increase in demand for our services we are looking to appoint a number of Consultancy Risk Managers to provide trusted guidance and support to our Consultancy line of service.
To be successful in this role you will understand the different types of risk (reputational, financial, contractual etc.) and how to mitigate against them, you will have knowledge of high profile, large scale transformation or technology projects and you will be able to influence stakeholders and clients alike.
This position will give you the opportunity to be part of an innovative team who are continually upskilling and developing their skills, you will operate in a fast paced and dynamic environment supporting high profile and complex engagements and we will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with and influence a wide range of stakeholders and Senior Partners. The need to travel nationally in this role will be minimal.
About the role
This position offers the opportunity to work in a face paced, mentally stimulating, dynamic environment where no two days are the same. We can offer you the support, training and development to widen your skillset and enable you to deliver in this exciting role. Working in a stable working location you will:
- work closely with Consulting leadership and partners across the business on high profile, complex and risky engagements creating innovative solutions
- be the first point of contact for queries from consulting engagement teams, providing timely and solution-focussed pragmatic advice
- proactively support the pursuit of large scale transformation opportunities, working alongside the Activation Hub, Independence, Office of General Counsel and Consulting leadership
- provide pragmatic advice, whilst protecting the firm by understanding the importance of the firm's 'red lines'
- negotiate with clients on contracting challenges, with support from Office of General Counsel and senior stakeholders in the business
- participate in internal governance forums for higher risk engagements to support teams to manage delivery risks
- create and deliver training to partners and employees across Consulting, including one-to-one sessions and seminar-based training
- build trusted relationships across Consulting and other support teams, acting as a dedicated business advisor to Partners and Directors
- be able to work both independently and as a team, with good project management skills, able to prioritise & manage multiple projects at a time working to agreed deadlines.
- You will support new joiners and associates and senior associates within the team
- You will provide leadership and support to junior members of the Risk Management Consulting team, encouraging and supporting their continued professional developement
- Manage and take accountability as a career coach for junior team members
We recognise that this is a unique role and we are keen to hear from people who have a background of:
- delivering large tech enabled transformation programmes projects within a client facing environment; and/or
- contracting for professional services (either as a purchaser or supplier)
To be successful in this role you will:
- have the ability to influence and communicate clearly and with self-confidence to all levels adapting your style appropriately
- be collaborative and be confident building relationships across and managing stakeholder expectations all levels of business
- have a consultative style and be capable of developing creative and innovative solutions to problems
- be tech savvy, able to quickly understand and use a variety of software and systems
- be resilient and able to work under pressure, managing and balancing multiple projects and priorities
- have experience managing and leading teams of direct or indirect reports to deliver successful outcomes
- have experience of taking accountability for project delivery and outcomes
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional SkillsDesired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
September 19, 2022