Job function : Design and deliveryMain location : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-BristolOther Locations : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Suffolk-IpswichSchedule : Full-timeWorking pattern : StandardSalary : Competitive with great benefitsClosing date : Jul 14, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we've got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you're welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team's deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you'll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.About this role
BT is going through a transformation - and data is at the heart. We're simplifying our products, transforming our customer journeys, modernising our IT and networks and decommissioning legacy platforms. The goal is to overcome the key challenges with feature-rich and scalable technologies; data availability and quality; and end to end governance is key to this.
Our ability to deliver brilliant, personalised experiences for all our 28 Petabytes of BT wealth of data and 30m customers is fundamental to our future success. As a business we are investing extensively in the automation of our operations and networks, and in building our base management and data capabilities. This will allow us to take better decisions with data and to act on them in an automated way across all our customer interactions.
Data driven automation and decision making has never been more important to BT. We're creating the best personal experiences for our customers to help them stay connected, and that mission is all underpinned by high quality, low latency data. This role will play a critical part in the creation and be part of BT Digital build data pipelines, data systems and the data products built on top. You'll have the following responsibilities
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Delivering business information model (BIM) based on the TMF-SID (Telecommunications Management Forum - Solution & information description), which will be used by solution architects as a basis for their data designs
- Leading for a relevant data subject area(s), creates, improves, and updates the BT wide Business Information Model (BIM) covering key data entities
- Support in building Data catalogue to make data visible, understandable, and more useable; simplified data flows to improve data timeliness, integration, and reduce time to market
- Design data models and collaborates with enterprise data architects to deliver the requirements
- Support the mapping and integration of lower-level data, solution specific logical models to the BIM
- Resolving variations in data model escalating to relevant Design Authorities where necessary
- Lead by example, living the company values: Personal, Simple & Brilliant
- Demonstrable experience of Data Architecture in multiple business sectors; with significant experience of Data Modelling and data standards
- Experience working on highly available and scalable infrastructure projects incorporating Cloud-based technology
- Strong expertise and industry qualifications in Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing patterns, workflows, and services; and how they relate to a big data platform
- Data Modelling: Extensive experience of developing enterprise wide conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Highly familiar with a range of data standards and with the expertise to be able to extend and draft existing industry standards
- Practised at guiding solution architects, data modellers etc in the adoption of data models Industry
- Knowledge: Strong understanding of large scale B2B and B2C environments, business practices, technology bases, and data. Telecoms preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills, with a collaborative approach
- Confidence effectively analysing business requirements and articulating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Formal advanced certification in required technical and domain skills
- Ability to manage changing business and technical requirements in highly dynamic project environments
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan or other benefits such as dental insurance, gym memberships etc.
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, and 25% off NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
- 30% discount for friends and family on EE mobile pay monthly and SIM only plans
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!