Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Test Architect (Manager) in Kainos, you'll be responsible for ensuring we deliver high quality solutions which delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide.
As an experienced test practitioner, you'll lead our clients and the wider market on better testing and quality, whilst working with client stakeholders to agree a strategy for testing that addresses the needs of fast-changing digital services.
You'll do this whilst advising Kainos about new tools and approaches, working with your peers to develop policy and standards, share knowledge and mentor those around you, with room to learn, develop and grow. You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development.
As a technical leader in the team, you will also interact with customers, share knowledge and mentor those around you. You'll also provide direction and leadership for your team as you solve challenging problems together.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience as a multifaceted agile test practitioner that understands the roles and responsibilities of testers in an iterative project lifecycle.
• Has successfully designed and overseen the implementation of a test strategy for multi-tiered modern software applications.
• Understands whole solution architecture concepts and how they impact and influence a test strategy and end-to-end test plans.
• Can prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and has experience incorporating these into the end-to-end testing lifecycle.
• Has experience testing with public cloud platforms, and SaaS and PaaS offerings.
• Can design and make decisions around testing and quality within a fast-moving agile delivery environment.
• Experience mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community.
• Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate.
• We all work in teams here in Kainos - a proven ability of strong team skills, including working in a multi-disciplinary team is crucial
• We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community is important
• Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate test design and strategy in conversation, documentation and presentations to other technical, and sometimes to non-technical people.
• Proven experience being accountable for all sizes of technology delivery challenges, e.g. project, multi-team, multi-product programmes.
• Experience in managing others, setting objectives, giving feedback and leading performance reviews.
• Has pro-actively developed business across an account.
• Able to prioritise their time across multiple major projects.
• Actively shares their thoughts and views on test tools, frameworks and approaches.
• Has participated in software testing communities.WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
- Location: London
- Type: Full time