Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Cloud Migration Architect (Manager) in Kainos, you'll be responsible for helping our customers migrate their workloads to public cloud in a secure, reliable and cost-effective manner. You'll design cloud platforms that are fit-for-purpose, align with industry best-practices and can be easily operated/maintained post migration. You'll produce effort estimates for completing migrations and advise on how different migration approaches may impact this. You'll lead with the creation of policy and standards, provide assurance across Kainos delivery projects and share knowledge with/mentor those around you. You'll do this whilst learning about new technologies/approaches and incorporating as necessary into Kainos ways of working.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Championing migration and public cloud - You'll keep appraised of the latest technologies/tools and champion new ways to complete migrations to reduce cost, risk and friction for our customers.
• Develop partnerships - You'll actively participate in developing and improving our migration/technology partnerships to benefit cloud migrations and deliver customer outcomes.
• Developing Kainos as a business - You help Kainos to identify, qualify and win new opportunities.
• Providing assurance - You'll involve yourself across migration projects to ensure appropriate use of technology/approach; this will require a critical eye and often a piercing intuition.
• Being a point of escalation - Your migration expertise will be leveraged to help Kainos respond with precision and speed.
• Pushing the boundaries - You'll devise new migration strategies making innovative use of the latest technologies.
• Providing Leadership - From datacentre assessments through to application modernisation, you'll liaise with customer architects and Kainos teams which may require you to be hands-on occasionally. You'll take difficult (but necessary) decisions to ensure migrations and customer outcomes are assured.
• Being a role model - You'll support your colleagues and reconcile the needs of the individual with the needs of the team, you will embody the Kainos values. You'll be the person people look up to - people trust your decisions because they are transparent and justified. You'll be passionate and committed to ensuring Kainos migration projects are successful.
• Putting people first & developing others - You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of senior staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You'll be responsible for helping establish a cloud migration community of practice.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work across a number of major projects simultaneously.
• We all work in teams here in Kainos - a proven ability of strong team leadership skills across teams and fostering a DevOps culture.
• We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing senior members of your team and wider community.
• Demonstrable personal ownership of:
o Building moderndigital service platforms and operation in production environments.
o Delivering major migration projects moving workloads to a public cloud platform (AWS or Azure).
o Making effective - and sometimes difficult - decisions within fast-moving environments and owning the outcomes.
• Significant expertise in completing and translating datacentre assessments into a set of migration recommendations using techniques including hybrid networking and right-sizing.
o Using public cloudplatforms - including innovative use of SaaS or PaaS offerings - to solve business problems (AWS or Azure).
o Reducing Total Cost of Ownership through innovative use of public cloud and other mechanisms.
o Cloud Governance and compliance.
o Understanding of whole solution architecture concepts.
• Demonstrable experience in:
o Devising novel migration approaches when moving unsupported workloads
o Cloud automation techniques and tooling.
o Building and incubating communities of practice.
o Managing and motivating a team to deliver a migration to a plan.
• Third level - or equivalent - qualification in a related discipline.
• Obtained industry recognised certifications relating to migration tooling.
• Expertise in utilising the latest application migration approaches and technologies including the containerisation of services
• Experience pro-actively developing business across an account with sales and account managers.
• Actively shares their thoughts and views on technology.
• Expertise in using multiple public cloud providers (AWS and Azure).WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).
- Location: Belfast
- Type: Full time