Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Security Architect (Consultant) in Kainos, you'll be responsible for the design and application of good security practices in the platforms and services we build for our customers. You'll work with Agile delivery teams to develop good security practices throughout the software development journey. You'll learn about and apply new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you develop and grow.
You'll share knowledge and help educate people - both customers and Kainos team members. You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You'll also provide direction and leadership for your team as you solve challenging problems together.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS
• Experience in the secure design and delivery of new cloud services and solutions.
• Experience in identifying security issues in existing system designs or products, including recommending sensible mitigations that balance cost, risk and usability.
• Knowledge of security standards and regulations (e.g. NCSC, ISO, SoC, NIST, PCI, GDPR).
• Experience in application architecture, software development and/or infrastructure architecture.
• Experience testing the security of software and infrastructure using appropriate security tools.
• Experience with Continuous Security, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques.
• Experience of network security (e.g. OSI, TCP/IP), web application security (e.g. OWASP) and cryptographic controls (e.g. PKI, TLS).
• We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community is important
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey security complexities to audiences of various technical abilities (e.g. senior stakeholders, development teams).
• Experience of Identity management and authentication/authorisation products and patterns.
• End-to-end security involvement, including governance, risk and compliance, operational security, supply chain security and secure user management.
• Penetration testing qualifications (e.g. OSCP, CREST, TIGER or equivalent)
• Experience leading security engineers and other junior members of staffWHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).
- Location: Belfast
- Type: Full time