Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Lead Software Engineer (Consultant) in Kainos, you'll be responsible for leading teams and developing high quality solutions which delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide. It's a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You'll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow. You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You'll also provide direction and leadership for your team as you solve challenging problems together. As the technical leader in the team, you will also interact with customers, share knowledge and mentor those around you.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
• Expertise in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications
• Technical leadership of teams building and testing modern, scalable, secure, performant applications in line with software development principles, practices and patterns e.g. XP, TDD
• Experience of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation
• Expertise in software design and development across all layers of an application
• We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing junior members of your team and wider community.
• Experience with the latest Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques
• Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people.
• Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate.
• Experience of debugging and troubleshooting live applications
• Experience of multiple programming languages and data storage technologies
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offeringsWHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).
- Location: Belfast
- Type: Full time