Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?Main purpose of the role & responsibilities in the business:
As a Lead NFT Engineer (Consultant) in Kainos, you'll be a technical leader and innovator in Non-Functional Testing, providing strong test leadership and direction within a multi-skilled agile team. Taking responsibility for the strategy, design and development of non-functional requirements & tests, you'll help the team to deliver working application software that is scalable and performant for the users. It's a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You'll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow.
You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You'll also provide direction and leadership for your team as you solve challenging problems together.
As a technical leader in the team, you will also interact with customers, share knowledge and mentor those around you.Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Proven test leadership in testing modern, scalable, secure, performant applications in line with software testing principles and practices.
- Expertise in performance engineering and analysis, designing performance tests around load, stress and soak testing.
- Experience using JMeter or similar to create and maintain NFT scripts.
- Experience devising efficient Non-Functional Testing strategies for large scale projects.
- Strong use of CI tools such as Jenkins and GitHub.
- Knowledge of Azure and strong working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Kibana and Zabbix.
- Experience in analysing server logs for fault detection.
- Expertise in effective defect management and triage strategies.
- A high level of technical awareness and a sound understanding of software architectures.
- Working knowledge of API testing.
- Ability to understand NFRs and liaise closely with Architects and Product Owners to ensure these are well defined, understood and testable.
- We all work in teams here in Kainos - a proven ability of strong team skills, including working in a multi-disciplinary team is crucial
- We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community is important.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Operating within a NFT Lead role (or similar) on a medium-large sized Agile project
- Experience in managing others, setting objectives, giving feedback and leading performance reviews.
- Setting-up and maintaining NFT infrastructure, advising on specific test approaches.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to other technical, and sometimes to non-technical people.
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate.
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
- Location: Birmingham
- Type: Full time