Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?Main purpose of the role & responsibilities in the business:DELIVERY MANAGER
As a Delivery Manager (Manager) at Kainos, you will be responsible for ensuring that Kainos'innovativedigital services and platformsmeetthe user need and the outcomes agreed between Kainos and the client, whilst ensuring our delivery follows good governance and quality standards.You will empower and support Kainos teams to perform well, learn and growin a manner that is consistent with Kainos company values.You will leverage successful deliveryand strong client relationships to explore opportunities to win follow-on business with existing customers.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Understandcritical success factors for the project(beyondthe traditional measures:on time, on budget and to agreed scope) and ensureeach work stream hasa plan in place toachieve thesuccess factors.
- Be responsible for achieving or exceeding profitabilitytargetsplus accurate and timely forecasting and reporting of project variables (revenue, staffing, work in progress, debt etc.).
- Exploit opportunitiesfor adding value to the client, ensuring that expectations are proactivelymanagedand issues are addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Motivate and empower teams to create a positive and creative culture for our people to perform well, learn and grow.
- Put people first & develop others - You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance
- Ensure all team members have cleargoals, receive regular feedbackand have timely and constructiveappraisals.
- Ensure team members have learning and development objectives to acquireand maintainthe skills necessary for the project.
- Have responsibility forstaffingteamsand on-boarding of new team members.
- Buildand maintainconstructiveand collaborativerelationships with the client, other suppliers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate project governance arrangements and technical quality standards are developed and followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Effectively manage project risks and issues, escalatingwhereappropriate.
- Comply, and ensure team members comply, with allconfidentiality and non-disclosure policies and agreements and ensure the security of information,at all times.
Business Development & Account Management
Minimum (essential) requirementsDELIVERY MANAGER
- Support future growth by working closely with Sales, Account Leads & Account Managementteams,assistingwhere requiredwiththe sales/procurement cycleto best positionKainostowinprofitablenew business.
- Promote successes Kainos-wide,toour customers andto the market,through case studies, award submissions, blogs, tweets etc.
- Understandthe contracts and commercial terms applying toour projectsand ensure that Kainos is not compromised by non-compliance.
- Professional Developmentand Growth
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the Management Capability.
- Understandcurrent thinking fromthe Technology, Experience Design and Consulting capabilitiesand drive alignment accordingly.
- Encourage innovation in technology and process both within the project and outside the project.
- Proactivelyassistwithrecruitmentactivitiestoenable stableorganisational growth.
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrable success managing the delivery of technology-based projects using agile methodology
- Substantial experience in managing and leading project teams including line management responsibility.
- Evidence of developing and managing sound client-supplierrelationships and good knowledge of at least one industry vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health or Government).
- Broad technology experience,awareness ofcurrenttechnology trendsand a solid understanding of contemporary software engineering practices and behaviours.
- Experience of adhering to robustprojectgovernance andtechnicalquality standards.
- Proven ability to manage,motivateand empowerteamsand lead by example.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Have a natural willingness to share information freely.
- Mature, firm but non-confrontational style.
- Highly flexible (including a willingness to work away from home base).
- A positive attitude to overcoming the challenges facing our clients.
- We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing members of your team and wider community.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experienceofuserresearch, analyticsand design disciplinesand their contribution tothe effective delivery of digitalservices and platforms.
- Evidence of securing significant follow-on business with an existing client.
- Holds acurrent andrecognised Project or Programme Management certification.
- Experience of project delivery aimed at digital transformation.
- Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve managementand leadershippractices within ateam or anorganisation.
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
- Location: Birmingham
- Type: Full time