J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB
) is a leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than a hundred countries.Digital Experience Design
, our global CIB design team of 150 designers in 7 locations plays a key role in building customer-centric products and services for both clients and employees.Job Description
Do you want to improve client experience at scale by measuring the behaviors, beliefs, and attitudes of Corporate and Investment Banking clients? We are looking for a creative, resourceful, and organized Behavioral Research Scientist in Digital Experience Design's Client Experience Measurement team.
Part of Corporate and Investment Banking, the Digital Experience Design organization's mission is to improve the experience of external clients and internal users, both individuals and organizations, across a broad variety of complex, essential, and high-value product and service journeys. The Client Experience Measurement program contributes to this mission using quantitative research to provide the data required to make key design and investment decisions.
As a quantitative behavioral researcher lead, you will manage a team of behavioral researchers and work closely across design, product, and technology teams to better understand our clients. You will be asked to help partners develop meaningful and relevant research questions, and to answer those questions with a variety of input data sources, to deliver concrete, actionable client experience recommendations. In addition to defining the measurement strategy, you will be analyzing data to answer individual research questions and must be able to connect data with design decisions, collaborating closely with multiple parties to ensure the relevance and impact of your work to business stakeholders.
You will be expected to be a subject matter expert in measurement and quantitative analysis of behavioral and/or survey response data, with the ability to communicate highly complex findings to multiple audiences. You may come from one of a variety of backgrounds (e.g. psychology, HCI, economics, epidemiology, among others) but you must be comfortable with the complete research workflow, from research design to statistical analysis to reporting, and you must have some experience measuring behavioral interaction data pulled from systems and psychological constructs, as measured via surveys.
Successful candidates will take iterative approaches to tackling big, long-term problems and show the ability to apply expertise in social science methodology, earn trust with partner teams from non-statistical backgrounds, understand the right level of statistical complexity to fit the research questions and existing resource constraints, be willing to experiment and learn from what works, and communicate scientific approaches to a variety of stakeholders.Key Responsibilities
- Provide expertise in applied social science research
- Partner with a variety of teams to:
- collaboratively identify client experience outcomes and key research questions
- make methodological recommendations for data collection and analysis
- develop and execute statistical analysis plans to answer key questions across multiple data sources
- make recommendations for design based on quantitative analysis results
- Contribute to scalable process recommendations to build a larger culture of data-driven decision-making
- PhD / MS in a quantitative social science discipline (e.g. psychology, economics, HCI, learning science, sociology, epidemiology)
- Experience conducting large-scale applied research including analysis of human behavior and/or survey data, ideally in B2B enterprises
- Advanced statistics (factor analysis, SEM, causal modeling, multilevel regression, regularized regression, etc.) - although we don't expect candidates to have expertise across methods, the successful candidate should be fluent with regression modelling techniques and at least two methods and be comfortable acquiring new methods with training and practice.
- Proficiency in at least one statistics program (Python, SPSS, R, SAS), Python strongly preferred and ability to interpret statistical analysis findings from across the range of programs
- Ability to define and implement the client experience measurement strategy for financial products and services and provide oversight to end to end program management
- Experience in managing complex stakeholders and driving work to successful completion
- Ability to communicate complex statistical approach and strategy to product or business-oriented audience
- Experiences with SQL or related query languages
- Experience converting research studies into tangible, real-world changes
- Experience communicating complex technical information for non-technical audiences
- Experience setting up or running a quantitative research program in a large B2B enterprise, including experience with data pipelines, data management etc.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.Full time