Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?Main purpose of the role & responsibilities in the business:
As a Senior Tanzu Technical Specialist (Manager) in Kainos, you'll be responsible for helping to shape and develop our VMWare Tanzu business and provide assurance across delivery projects. As a Tanzu technical leader, you'll work with VMWare to influence future technology roadmaps and be a linchpin within Kainos communities of practice. You'll be involved in all stages of delivery from sales qualification through to helping teams deliver Tanzu solutions in production. To support this you'll be given Tanzu preferred project placement aligned alongside tailored Learning and Development opportunities. Whilst recognising your Tanzu specialism, you'll be adaptable to business needs and will have a strong grounding in Solution Architecture to fulfil other roles. It's a fast-paced environment and you'll be trusted to make sound, reasoned decisions as you continually learn and advance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Minimum (essential) requirements
- Championing technology - You'll be an advocate for application and platform modernisation through Kubernetes and the VMWare Tanzu product set.
- Being bold in your vision - As a respected voice within Kainos on all things Tanzu, you'll influence others to improve the quality of our solutions and proactively share knowledge both internally and externally.
- Developing Kainos as a business - You'll contribute to technology strategy for the business and help to identify, qualify and craft new Tanzu market offerings. Being actively involved in business development activities, you'll work directly with customer architects, technology and business leaders to influence use of Tanzu technologies.
- Developing partnerships - You'll actively participate in developing and improving our VMWare partnership and leverage this to realise business outcomes for our customers.
- Providing assurance - As a Tanzu specialist, you'll involve yourself across delivery projects to ensure appropriate use of the technology; this will require a critical eye and often a piecing intuition.
- Being a point of escalation - When things go wrong, your Tanzu expertise will be leveraged to help respond with precision and efficiency.
- Providing leadership - You'll provide Tanzu technical leadership across projects which will often require you to be hands-on and to be placed in challenging but rewarding situations to ensure successful adoption and customer outcomes.
- Being a role model - You'll support your colleagues and reconcile the needs of the individual with the needs of the team, you will embody the Kainos values. You'll be the person people look up to - people trust your decisions because they are transparent and justified. You'll be passionate and committed to ensuring Kainos projects are successful.
- Putting people first & developing others - You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of senior staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You'll be responsible for helping incubate and grow an Tanzu community of practice.
- Being Adaptable - Whilst working with Tanzu/Kubernetes related technologies will be prioritised through your career, working outside of this area in a more general solution architecture role may be required as business demands dictate. You'll mould yourself to customer engagements and stretch to learn new skills as needs arise; through this you'll be supported by talented colleagues across Learning & Development and Architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work across a number of major projects simultaneously.
- We all work in teams here in Kainos - a proven ability of strong team leadership skills across teams and fostering a DevOps culture.
- We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing senior members of your team and wider community.
- Demonstrable personal ownership of:
- Designing, delivering and operating all aspects of modernTanzu and/or Kubernetes platforms in production.
- Helping customers modernise their infrastructure, applications or ways of working through use of either Tanzu or Kubernetes.
- Making effective - and sometimes difficult - decisions within fast-moving delivery environments and owning the outcomes.
- Applying your specialist Tanzu expertise on delivery projects.
- Significant expertise in:
- Involvement and participation in business development activities relating to Tanzu.
- Utilizing the latest Continuous Delivery techniques for releasing operationally ready software to production.
- Demonstrable experience of:
- Leveraging Tanzu in hybrid scenarios alongside AWS or Azure public cloudplatforms to solve challenging business problems.
- Building and incubating communities of practice.
- Developing and contributing to Tanzu/Kubernetes adoption businesses cases and helping to craft market offerings.
- Actively sharing knowledge through internal forums and helping to establish a community of practice.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Obtained (or have held in the past) VMWare certifications.
- Obtained multiple CNCF certifications and/or Kubernetes Certified Administrator (must be valid).
- Obtained certifications with AWS or Azure public cloud providers.
- Proactive sharing of thoughts on Tanzu/Kubernetes/Application Modernisation externally.
- Experience pro-actively developing business across an account with sales and account managers.
- Active contributor to open-source communities.
- Experience of Cloud Native Tooling and Approaches.
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
- Location: London; Birmingham; Leeds; GB - Other; Belfast
- Type: Full time