Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Payments Ltd (VPL) is a division of Visa Inc. focusing on cross border push payments to bank accounts. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer(Director) to work within our Solution Delivery team. You will be working across the core platform delivering product features and enhancements. We are also evolving the architecture and tooling for the platform and you will have opportunities to contribute and help lead the transformation of the platform.
We are seeking someone who has a strong background in both platform and product development, specifically within payments or the financial services industry. You will need strong exposure to distributed systems and relevant design patterns. Someone who commands respect by setting high technical standards based on solid engineering principles. You will care passionately about design, particularly clean, maintainable code as well as the need to ensure our releases operate reliably in production utilizing thorough monitoring and alerting.
The role involves extensive hands-on activities. Here are key job responsibilities -
- Collaborate with product owners and technical staff globally to define requirements for new features and enhancements to the platform.
- Evaluate technical options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop an end-to-end solution.
- Manage and mentor a team of talented engineers.
- Take ownership and lead the engineering responsibility for multiple components of the platform with a focus on security, scalability and high availability.
- Actively participate in defining architecture and creating solution documents, consistently, be hands-on with low level design, code review, coding and unit testing activities.
- Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the product and work with engineers to ensure they are delivering efficiently and to high quality standards. Co-ordinate and influence business and technology partners spread across different regions to mitigate these risks.
- Ability to identify and manage risks at all stages of the project.
- Build a culture of engineering excellence within the team, drive adoption of practices like continuous integration, security, code reviews, code coverage, code quality and shift left practices.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both home and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday (Sunday in some countries where Sunday is the start of the week) and Wednesdays. Wednesdays are designated as in-office collaboration days. The third day in the office will be decided based on team needs and determined in partnership with senior leadership.
Qualifications• Bachelor's degree in a STEM subject with a minimum of 16+ years of software development experience.
• Led and delivered complex projects where complexity is a function of a combination of these factors - domain knowledge, distributed architecture, technical stack, influencing and collaborating with multiple technology partners and business stakeholders.
• Experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build large scale resilient enterprise applications.
• Experience of managing an engineering scrum team of 8-12 people for at least 3 years is mandatory.
• Proficiency in Java 8+ (Core Java, memory management, concurrency, functional programming)
• Strong experience in a variety of software architectures such as microservices.
• Experience working on large complex codebases.
• Experience with APIs - REST, SOAP, Synchronous, Asynchronous, realtime, Open API specifications
• Experience in Spring, Spring Boot and Hibernate.
• Experience in messaging, ideally RabbitMQ, JMS, Kafka.
• Experience with containers such as Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Clover, JUnit, Mockito.
• Strong experience of software testing lifecycle and techniques such as unit, integration, acceptance, regression, performance testing and the use of mocks and stubs.
• Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
• Passion to work with people and help mentor your team to reach new heights.
• Experience in the Payments domain is a plus, particularly experience with financial message structures such as SWIFT MT, SWIFT MX, ISO 20022
• Experience of NoSQL databases particularly Cassandra and MongoDB is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Kafka and cloud-based application architecture and principles.Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.Summary
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Engineering