Job: Financial MarketsPrimary Location: Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-LondonSchedule: Full-timeEmployee Status: PermanentPosting Date: 16/Mar/2022, 7:49:47 AMUnposting Date: Ongoing About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Informed with an awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Informed on the Algorithmic Trading Quants (ATQ) and FX E-Trading business strategy.
- Responsible for developing automated pricing and trading systems to support the FM Electronic Trading Business under the direction of colleagues within ATQ.
- Informed on any changes within the quant team.
People and Talent
- Responsible for assisting in the functional and non-functional requirements gathering, design, architecture, specification, documentation, delivery and continued maintenance / support of automated pricing and trading algorithms, models and controls which further the business and risk management objectives.
- Responsible for working together with colleagues in ATQ and IT (including those in BA, PM, Dev, QA and RM roles) in order to achieve the above.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring of system performance and data mining to identify shortcomings / opportunities for improvement.
- Consulted on models and algorithms developed by others in FX E-Trading.
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations
- Ensure adherence to internal standards and processes, including, but not limited to, the System Delivery Framework and Technology Delivery Assurance.
- Ensure that the business meets its obligations the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations
- Ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place.
- Monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
- Lead and reinforce strategic change and ensure the organisation structure and people programs are aligned and geared towards supporting change
- Responsible for identifying, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group stemming from the FX E-Trading business.
- Responsible for embedding operational risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process.
- Responsible for ensuring there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Comply with guidelines as outlined in the annual dealer mandate
- Embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- As part of the FX E-Trading Quant team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adherence to code of conduct prescribed by FCA
- Global Head of Algorithmic Trading Quants
- eTrading Programme Manager
Our Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily behaviour
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Requirements Analysis
- Software Engineering
- Software Development
- Software Quality Assurance
- Technical Troubleshooting
Visit our careers website