Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we've built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As aTechnical Architect(Platform) (Consultant) inKainos, you'll be responsible for leading teamsdeveloping high quality solutions on public cloud which delight our customers.As a technical leader on a project, you'll work with customer architects todesign, automate, build and support modern digitalserviceplatforms, advising on estimated effort and technical implications ofuser stories and decisions. It's a fast-paced environment and you'll be trusted to make sound, reasoned decisions as you continually learn and apply new technologies and approaches with talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Working as part of a wider team - You'll provide leadership working alongside colleagues in engineering, testing, consulting, product management and security capabilities to design solutions of the highest quality which meet all non-functional requirements.
• Using technology for positive impact - You'll keep appraised of the latest technologies and ensure we employ them appropriately for maximum user and business benefit.
• Being objectively opinionated - As a respected voice within Kainos and beyond, you'll offer your opinion and critique to improve our solutions. You'll proactively share knowledge internally within Kainos and more widely in industry.
• Developing Kainos as a Business - You help Kainos to qualify and win new opportunities.
• Providing technical leadership - You'll provide technical leadership on delivery and support projects which may sometimes require you to be hands-on and to take difficult, but necessary decisions.
• Being a role model - You'll support your colleagues and foster a DevOps culture in all that you do by embodying the Kainos values. You'll be the person people look up to - people trust your decisions because they are transparent and justified. You'll be passionate and committed to ensuring Kainos projects are successful.
• Putting people first & developing others - You'll manage, coach and develop a small number of staff, with a focus on managing employee performance and assisting in their career development. You'll also provide direction and leadership for your colleagues as you solve challenging problems together.
• Being Adaptable - You'll mould yourself to customer engagements and stretch to learn new skills as needs arise; through this you'll be supported by talented colleagues across Learning & Development and Architecture.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentation to a technical and non-technical audience.
• We all work in teams here in Kainos - You'll need a proven experience of team leadership and supporting a DevOps culture in delivering complex projects.
• We are passionate about developing people - a demonstrated ability in managing, coaching and developing junior members of your team and wider community.
• Demonstrable personal ownership of:
o Building and operating modern digital service platform (or significant portions thereof) including architecture, estimation, planning,non-functional requirements and Continuous Improvement activities using modern agile techniques.
o Implementing robust security controls and monitoring solutions across infrastructure and application components.
o Making effective decisions within fast-moving delivery environments.
• Significant expertise in:
o Designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring and supporting modern digital service platforms in production environments.
o Utilizing the latest Continuous Delivery techniques for releasing operationally ready software to production.
o Use of automation tooling and proficient in one of the following: Powershell, Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, Groovy.
o Using public cloudplatforms - including SaaS or PaaS offerings - to solve business problems (AWS or Azure).
• Demonstrable experience in:
o Using the latest container orchestration platforms including Kubernetes.
o Applying configuration management,infrastructure provisioningandautomation tooling to solve business problems.
• Third level - or equivalent - qualification in a related discipline.
• Obtained certification with a public cloud provider (AWS/Azure).
• Obtained certification relating to a particular area of specialisation e.g. Kubernetes CKAD.
• Experience of Cloud Native Tooling and Approaches.
• Active participation in both internal and external communities of practice.WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people's lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined
in how obstacles are overcome; honest
when dealing with others; respectful
of how you treat others; creative
to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative
by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
- Location: Birmingham
- Type: Full time