About the opportunityDepartment Description
The Global Quant Team is a centre of excellence for quantitative modelling and research across Fidelity. The team delivers a range of tactical models across Fixed Income, Equities and Multi-asset departments working closely with both the systematic team and the discretionary portfolio managers. The team is also focused on delivering client outcomes over the longer term by developing a range of retirement and client solutions.Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Leveraging the support of the wider Quant team, develop investment solutions for insurance clients across EMEA and APAC
- Work closely with insurance solutions specialists, distribution, and portfolio management teams to bring relevant and targeted products to market
- Attend client conversations in a technical capacity
- Quantitative analysis to support the periodic production of white papers discussing insurance strategy
- Help build out the internal knowledge on insurance regulations and investment strategy design from a technical perspective
- With the support of tech and developer teams, over time build an analytics library to help productionise the solution design for insurance clients
- Academic degree in a highly numerical science such as maths, statistics, physics, or engineering
- Understanding of actuarial methods in the context of insurance balance sheet management. Actuarial degree would be a plus
- Good programming skills. Experience in Python is preferred - we are not IT developers, but we do code up our own research to test our concepts.
- 5 years or more working with Insurance clients on ALM-related topics and/or investment strategy design
- In-depth understanding of the Solvency II technical specifications and experience in constructing investment solutions in this context. Understanding of RBC frameworks in the Asian region would be a plus
- Experience in constructing ALM solutions for defined benefit pension schemes would be a plus, but not essential
- Good understanding of IFRS accounting principles and recent developments
- Good understanding of portfolio optimisation methods and risk measurement/management techniques
- Strong communication skills and an ability to empathise - applies to others internally at Fidelity and our clients.
- An inquisitive mind is vital - the successful candidate will commonly be exposed to new ideas and suggestions, and potentially unfamiliar investment securities and concepts
- Self-starter, able to take initiative
About youAbout Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.56 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $783.6 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
We are committed to being a truly flexible employer, encouraging and trusting our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our business, our colleagues and our clients. We offer the maximum possible flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations. We call this new approach "dynamic working".
Find out more about what we do, our history, our new approach of "dynamic working" and how you could be a part of our future at
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.Summary
- Location: Cannon Street Office
- Type: Full time