About the RoleWe have a new opportunity for a Procurement Buyer with negotiation experience to join our growing team. If you are an experienced buyer/ administrator with experience of drafting and approving commercially sound purchase orders and negotiating we'd love to talk to you.
Day to day duties include the following -
- P2P & Exostar System Data responsible for material masters, approved vendor registration and resolving invoicing queries. Works as part of the P2P purchasing team - to provide segregation of duties whilst facilitating the Purchasing Function
- Undertake Source Selection with support from Line Manager and/or senior members of the Commercial team:
- Issue and analyse Invitation to Tenders (ITT's)
- Vetting of responses
- Make sourcing recommendations as appropriate and identify risks
- Draft, issue and administer purchase orders in Purchase to Payment/Exostar (P2P) system and/or other authorised Purchase mechanisms
- Process Requisitions in Purchase to Payment/Exostar (P2P) system and/or other authorised Purchase mechanisms in accordance with LMUK Acquisition Procedures
- Conduct negotiations under the review of senior members of the Commercial team or support negotiations led by senior Commercial team members:
- Participate as appropriate planning and approval process for negotiation
- Prepare and complete negotiations within approved limits and in a timely manner
- Participate and lead as appropriate fact finding, negotiation and follow up activity
- Negotiate non standard agreements with support as appropriate
- Provide support and assistance to lead as appropriate
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation of written correspondence, presentations, reports and contract summaries and briefs management on related issues.
- Accuracy and attention to detail to follow set processes
- Maintain the official records of negotiation and accurate files of all correspondence and contract etc
- Draft, manage, and monitor Non-Disclosure Agreements and letters using the company templates, under the guidance of a commercial lead.
- Generate reports, as necessary in support of Procurement and Vendor performance monitoring
Working for Lockheed Martin you can expect outstanding benefits, a diverse and inclusive work environment, a four day working week, work life balance policies and working patterns, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to reward you for your hard work, and more.Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Draft and approve commercially sound Purchase orders in the P2P system. Negotiate and co-ordinate additions, deletions and modifications to Purchase Orders. Maintain and update procurement database and share drive with all Purchase Order information.
- An experienced administrator working under the broad direction of the Procurement Lead
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships across the various stakeholder groups.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- P2P, Exostar, & SAP Procurement experience
- Previous experience of working in a busy business environment with the ability to prioritise and calmly work under pressure
- Good attention to detail and diligent in ensuring accuracy
- Flexibility to work multiple tasks concurrently
- Able to demonstrate computer competency and be able to work within various contracts and financial systems to update, maintain or extract contract data. PC literate: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email protocol
- Punctual and reliable
Job Reference Number11141BREmployee TypeFull Time Hours Per Week37.50Working Schedule4xFlexCountryUnited Kingdom (UK) Clearance Required for RoleBPSSGraduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?NoBusiness EnvironmentLockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) provides systems engineering, software development, training solutions and complex program management for global security, civil and commercial markets. Simply stated, our mission is to be the world's leading global security and aerospace company. To achieve this mission, RMS draws on its core capabilities in advanced platforms and weapons, C4ISR, global sustainment, training and sensors.Equal Opportunity StatementLockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.24/05/2023
- Discipline: Purchasing/Procurement
- Town/Region: Havant