Basic information Location London Service line Audit & Assurance Date published 25-Apr-2022 Req # 9489 Job description Your opportunityOur Assurance practice encompasses skills across regulation and finance with a deep analytics capability.
We harness these to provide Assurance to those charged with governance, serving the public interest. Working in Assurance means you will have an opportunity to work alongside leading experts, as we help build and enhance trust between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Providing assurance to help businesses become more resilient, agile and better prepared for the future.
To be resilient, businesses must be ready to respond to current and future challenges and opportunities. They are increasingly being required to be more transparent with their reporting, to drive trust and confidence in the market, and protect the wider public interest.
Assurance builds, maintains and develops confidence. We provide independent assurance by assessing the risks and underlying processes, providing conclusions as to which risks are being managed and mitigated in line with the business' appetite for risk. Deloitte's assurance offerings help those charged with governance to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.Regulatory Assurance
Regulatory reform continues to shape the Audit & Assurance landscape. The Regulatory Assurance team specialise in helping those charged with governance build trust and confidence their business. The expertise within the Regulatory Assurance team spans both BCM and Insurance.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.Your role
Deloitte's Investment Management and Private Equity Assurance practice is a market-leading group of industry experts that is still rapidly growing. We provide independent assurance to those charged with governance through various product offerings such as service auditor reporting, control framework review and recommend, and bespoke controls reporting to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.
The team has built a reputation for providing pragmatic advice and assurance, as well as innovative technology solutions, positioning itself at the cutting edge of emerging regulatory trends by working closely with regulators, industry bodies and clients and conducting its own market research.
We are looking for individuals to help us build and grow our Investment Management Controls Assurance business. The role will include responsibilities such as:
Your work, your choice
- Managing and running the delivery of our controls assurance services for investment management and private equity firms, including managing stakeholders, quality and risk, deliverables and the engagement team.
- Performing first level reviews of the engagement team's work including control design assessments and operating effectiveness of controls testing, in addition to planning and reporting activities such as risk assessments and report reviews.
- Managing the resolution of control findings and communicating recommendations to Senior Management, and management of the report deliverable review process.
- Enabling clients to strengthen their internal controls and processes and understanding of regulatory matters and risk governance, management, control frameworks and reporting requirements.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders at clients, and being the first point of contact for day to day communications.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders across Deloitte to provide our clients with best in class expertise and services, including at times reporting directly to Partners.
- Managing the production development of proposals for client engagements.
- Providing training, coaching, development and support for the team.
- Managing elements of practice management such as budgets, scheduling, client billing, etc.
- Manage activities to strengthen our prominence and eminence in the marketplace, for example, writing articles and blogs on regulatory issues affecting the industry and sector, preparing and delivering client seminars.
- Keeping your technical expertise up to date with market developments, best practices and regulatory expectations.
- Working in a diverse team and promoting an inclusive culture where colleagues are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office; however travel will be required for client-based projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.Your professional experience
Qualifications and skills
- Strong experience in performing design and risk assessments over control frameworks and/or risk and control matrices; including performance and documentation of process-flow walk-throughs.
- Experience in the communication of control deficiencies and remediation recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- A critical thinker with strong analysis and communication skills.
- A strong track record of experience working on regulatory and risk management in the investment management sector (e.g. through working in a firm, another professional services firm, or a regulatory body such as the FCA or PRA supervision).
- Strong understanding of investment management and private equity markets and the industry expectations with regards to risk management frameworks and internal control environments.
- Understanding of the operational structure, and processes, within investment management businesses.
- A critical thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal.
- A good track record of project management, experience managing stakeholder meetings, running workshops and delivering presentations.
- Strong organisational, planning and problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexible thinking.
- Good team leadership and excellent project management skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to quickly build a strong internal network.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Your Service Line: Audit & Assurance:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent required.
- Additional professional qualifications of relevance (e.g. IRM, IOR, ICA, CISI, ACA, CIMA) preferred.
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
As the leading experts in Audit & Assurance, we help build and enhance trust and transparency between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Our expertise covers audit and assurance services across all sectors, enabling stronger systems of quality control and risk capability. We help companies, investors and the general public make more informed decisions by adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Innovation is key for us, underpinned by audit quality. At Deloitte you will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
RTWPROG WPFULL SLAUDA