Why work with us?
We at Vertical Aerospace are pushing the boundaries of what is possible, creating technology to achieve sustainable air travel like never before. Vertical comprises a world-class team of leaders, experts, engineers who're all striving towards the same goal, to make air travel personal, on-demand, and carbon free. This is your chance to be a part of this extraordinary team.
Vertical is one the world's leading eVTOL businesses, and a pioneer of this ground-breaking new segment, which marks the beginning of sustainable aviation.
Founded in 2016, Vertical uniquely combines the best of the aerospace, Formula 1 and automotive industries and has become one of only seven companies globally to have successfully flown multiple full-scale eVTOL prototypes. The VX4, is a world-leading fully composite tilt-rotor winged eVTOL that will carry one pilot and four passengers or cargo. VX4 is in plan to be certified in late 2024, placing the business in the top two companies globally with a commercially viable aircraft capable of spanning intra and intercity passenger and cargo eVTOL markets.
We are looking for a Head of IT Strategy and Architecture who will:
Partner with the business and develop our long term IT strategy and architecture roadmap. This role reports to the Finance & IT Director and will be part of the IT Leadership team alongside the Head of IT Delivery (Ops, Cloud & Infrastructure, Security & Asset Management) and the Head of IT Portfolio (Programmes, Project Management & Budgeting).The responsibilities and duties of the
Head of IT Strategy and Architecture will be as follows:
- Partnering across the business on the technology solutions required to enable the long-term business strategy in a start-up environment experiencing rapid business growth. This will result in both immediate solutions and the creation of the IT long-range plan and architecture road map
- IT leadership on Data Architecture and Governance, working with third parties, IT, Engineering technology and the wider business to design and execute a future proof data strategy including data platform, modelling and governance
- Leading a small team of Business Analysts working on strategic business solutions through to completion, partnered across the wider business and IT team
- Creation and ownership of IT operating model and future organisation design from initial prototyping through to manufacturing and after-market services
Head of IT Strategy and Architecture will have the following Experiences & Qualifications:
- Exceptional business acumen backed up by sound technical knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing technology solutions in a high growth organisation or consulting firm
- Proven experience in data strategy and architecture planning and implementation
- An ability to cut through ambiguity and find a way to get things done and provide clarity
- The confidence and assurance to manage stakeholders with multiple fast-moving priorities and little time
- A natural ability to switch from high level strategic thinking to operational execution
- A willingness to get into the detail and do what needs to be done, when it is needed
- A desire to work with pace in a rapidly changing, hugely entrepreneurial environment
- Experience of working in a high growth / scale-up
- Aerospace/manufacturing experience
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.