Primary Location:UK-Location Independent WorkingJob Type:Permanent/RegularPosting Range:25 May 2022 - OngoingCurrency : Pound Sterling (GBP)Description
Internal Auditor AVP
As a Barclays Internal Auditor AVP, you'll be working closely with our Audit Owners (Experienced VPs or Directors) to ensure that audits are delivered on time and in line with methodology. This will include assessing risks and controls, performing audit testing, and discussing the results with your stakeholders. Barclays internal auditors are responsible for the delivery of audits / assignments to a high standard in line with audit methodology.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements, if you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Helping Audit Owners to define the scope of audits to ensure that the right risks and controls are covered
• Testing whether controls are designed and operating effectively to manage risk
• Assessing whether business processes are delivering the right outcomes for the bank, its clients, and its customers
• Raising issues where there are gaps and tracking them through to closure
• Documenting your work on time, to quality, in line with Barclays Internal Audit methodology
• Contributing to Continuous Monitoring work including reviewing data, external information sources, and engaging with experts within Barclays Internal Audit
What we're looking for:
• Experience in Risk based auditing, Risk and Control activity (e.g. Compliance, Risk, or Controls Office etc.) or an area of technical specialism (e.g. Product Control, Technology Infrastructure, Models, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work with others in Barclays Internal Audit and with management at all levels in the organisation
• Experience of flexing and adapting your style to meet the needs of others
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to deliver high quality work
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Relevant professional qualifications or equivalent career experience (CIA, ACCA, CISA or similar for audit roles, technical qualification for specialist roles)
• Knowledge or experience of identifying opportunities for using data to enhance audit testing. Previous experience of data analysis using tools such as SQL or Python etc.
• Financial services industry knowledge including emerging technology, trends and themes
• Understanding of the relevant regulatory environment
Where will you be working?
For this opportunity, we will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays' key UK office from that advertised.