More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Job Description:NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. The South Corporate Tax team work closely with the wider practice to develop opportunities with our clients, offering tax expertise and strategic business advice to clients of all sizes (including both large corporates and small and medium-sized businesses). In everything we do our aim is to deliver tailored, proactive and value add service to our clients and we want to develop and grow our advisory offering even further
We're happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we'll support you to balance your work and life.A look into the role
As a Corporate Tax Manager, you will:
Knowing you're right for us
- You will lead client relationships and, together with the senior team, deliver solutions on stand-alone advisory projects. You will also facilitate a smooth compliance process for key clients, with the associated ad hoc advice
- You will be an integral part of the South tax team but will build your wider network by working with other specialists across Grant Thornton
- Business development is fundamental to our success and you'll be involved in growing the business whether that's through identifying opportunities on existing clients by developing the client relationship or winning new work
- Great relationships built on trust underpin our work. In addition to lots of client interaction you will also be a role model for junior members of the team, supporting and championing their development and being involved in our coaching and upskilling efforts
Joining us as a Corporate Tax Manager the minimum criteria
you'll need is a professional qualification (ATT, CTA, ACA, ICAS or ACA) with post qualification experience, and will be confident managing a portfolio of tax clients.
Knowing we're right for you
- You'll have a desire to network and play an active part in the growth of your broader team. seize opportunities.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.
- Location: Bristol (2 Glass Wharf); Cardiff (3 Callaghan Square)
- Type: Full time