At Amazon we're aiming to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. EMEA Security and Loss Prevention is looking to hire an exceptional Risk Manager focused on People Risk.
The position is responsible for day-to-day program and project management efforts for various Workplace Incident Management (WIM) programs while also supporting security teams with incident management or investigations. This position requires strategic thinking to support in shaping the strategic direction of the WIM program and must have a fundamental understanding of threat management, workplace violence, investigations, and security operations. The position will develop outreach initiatives, support with writing white papers, present to senior leaders, and be responsible for support with team management. This position may support with the development and implementation of program manuals, policies, procedures, reports, strategic roadmaps, audits and other related efforts. The position is an instrumental position for the EMEA Security & Loss Prevention (S&LP) team.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, learns quickly, an effective problem solver, proactively anticipates and responds while maintaining flexibility and composure. Must be resourceful, forward-thinking with a history of performing exceptionally in an ambiguous, decentralized, and matrixed business environment. A proven track record of effective time management, taking initiative, working independently, delivering exceptional results and exceeding expectations.
This role will be at forefront of protecting our people by identifying and analyzing threats, developing programs to assure their well-being and mental health.
Key job responsibilities
The position will support and deputize for the Risk Manager III leading the EMEA Region's Workplace Threat Prevention and Workplace Incident Management (WIM) program. Key responsibilities will include:
• Support all WIM prevention, outreach, training and response programs.
• Meeting legal requirements by conducting broad and focused WIM assessments.
• Helping establish proactive policies and protocols as well as enhancing reporting outcomes.
• Managing the creation and continued maintenance of training content.
• Managing the roll-out and delivery of the training program to employees and key stakeholders.
• Developing strategic and operational plans for the WIM Working Group, managing execution, and measuring results.
• Measure program effectiveness by developing key performance indicators (KPIs) and key risk indicators (KRIs) to make data-driven decisions to support continuous improvement of performance, operational processes, and inform risk mitigation actions.
• Managing objectives and work assignments for area of responsibility by balancing business requests, analysis of data and incident reports, and direct observation.
• Build collaborative cross-functional partnerships and contribute to Multi-Disciplinary Teams, within Security groups, Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Legal teams, leading training and awareness sessions to focus on incident prevention, not just incident response.
• Respond to and partner with appropriate managers to investigate internal claims of harassment, discrimination, workplace violence and other serious policy violations
• Supporting the development of WIM programs in the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey.
• Manage the alignment of WIM program efforts with cross-functional business teams involved in all aspects of new program development, including Partner Resources (Human Resources) and operations
• Development of programs for new countries and Retail.
• Working with sites to ensure that where a WIM incident occurs all legal reporting requirements are met.
• Supporting the development of a broader People Risk program.
• Data visualization and interpretation.
A day in the life
You will be central to the delivery of Amazon's security programs across EMEA. The safety and well-being of our people is our highest priority. You will be at the forefront of developing programs that safeguard people by identifying, analyzing and mitigating risks. You will support our front line operations directly through incident management, training and support. You will develop cross- functional programs that have a positive impact on welfare and life safety.
About the team
Risk Management is part of Risk and Resilience and the EMEA Security & Loss Prevention (S&LP) team. We provide Risk Management support to Operations across EMEA. You will engage on a daily basis with business stakeholders and members of the S&LP team. Risk is central to our vision, strategy and objectives.Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Criminology, Social Work, Human Resources, Psychology or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in program and project management with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, scope requirements, stakeholder management, identify and mitigate risks, use data to drive decisions, and relentlessly drive results.
- Experience in Incident Management, Threat Management, Corporate Investigations, Law Enforcement, Security Operations, Crisis Management or related field.
- Fundamental understanding and competency using concepts, principles, and methods related to threat management, workplace violence, security operations, risk management and investigations.
- French, German, Italian, Spanish or other European language skills would be advantageous
- Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field
- Experience with statistical and data science disciplines and technologies
- SME in the Data Visualization tool Tableau
- Comfortable managing ambiguity, complexity, and various program and project life-cycles.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.