Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe's leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work - a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
As a Senior Data Engineer specialising in testing within the Data Engineering team, you'll be responsible for ensuring that the software meets the design & standards set out by the team. What you'll do:
• Be a key team member understanding and contributing to the agile delivery process whilst taking ownership for your team's software quality from concept to production.
• Drive forward the production of reusable code and modules where appropriate with a view to test efficiently and effectively in an agile delivery.
• Continuously implement, promote, and improve our ways of working, proactively defining best practice, frameworks and processes whilst working in close collaboration with other team members and subject matter experts.
• Define plan, script, and execute tests and provide post-live support when needed.
• Provide accurate estimates and domain knowledge, highlight risks and challenge assumptions. Actively document, record and share knowledge of our systems.
• Actively contribute to and support the DTA Data Engineering test team in achieving the goals and strategies given by Sky and DTA.
• Perform reviews and continuous feedback to ensure best practices are met and quality is maintained.
• Deputise for the DTA Data Engineering Manager - Test; and support, motivate and mentor associate testers and colleagues.What you'll bring:
• Comprehensive Cloud migration experience with in-depth understanding of large-scale Data including environment requirements, Data warehouses and best practice and principles of managing them.
• Experience of ETL technical design, development, support and working in an Agile environment.
• Experience of Unix and Python scripting, SQL with technology background that includes most of the following - Selenium, Cucumber, Lean FT, Java, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Netezza, Oracle.
• Experience in developing testing capability in automation frameworks.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
• Leadership and self-motivator with energy and drive for continuous improvement and a focus on delivering results of excellent quality.
• Strong ability to multi-task and plan test activities whilst supporting test team within squads.The Rewards:
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky
. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences Where you'll work: Osterley:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon. Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.Inclusion:
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working!
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
- Location: Osterley; Livingston, Watermark
- Type: Full time