The Central Testing team performs operational effectiveness testing of internal controls on behalf of the First Line of Defence for all business lines and locations of State Street to support Business Risk Management in assessing and continuously improving the bank's control environment.
This AVP role leads the small but growing Central Testing Team within the First Line's Business Risk Management organization and ensures that the testing program runs efficiently, in accordance with defined control testing methodologies, while maintaining effective, regular, and open communication between the Central Testing Team, Business Risk Management, and the broader operational business. This role has ownership for the implementation and growth of the Central Testing function, supervision and guidance of team 5+ team members, and works to ensure that the team produces high quality work to agreed timelines.
This AVP role also assists the Central Advisory team, which provides guidance and support to Business Risk Management globally in the design assessment and improvement of internal controls, with various projects including assisting with tracking and reporting on Process and Control Reviews performed by Business Risk Management globally.
The ideal candidate has experience in a multinational financial services company performing work in a control and process assessment environment (eg. SOX, SOC, Internal Audit, etc) . They will ideally possess a good working knowledge and experience in employing common control testing concepts such as population identification and sampling, designing appropriate control attributes to address required control objectives, an understanding of information processing objectives (ie. Completeness, Accuracy, Timeliness, etc), and an awareness of industry standard control assessment frameworks (eg. COSO).
- 5 - 8 years of experience performing risk and internal control assessment and testing.
- Good understanding and proven track record of using common control assessment and testing approaches to complete control design and operational effectiveness reviews in a supervisory / managerial capacity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some project management and leadership experience and a desire to further develop these skills
- Ability to multi-task, plan and anticipate issues, and track multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently and provide effective coaching and workpaper review for less experienced team members.
Beneficial but not essential:
- Complete or partial professional qualification in an audit or related field (eg. ACCA, ACA, CIA, CFA, etc)
- Some familiarity with common risk and control processes relating to financial services, securities trading, asset management, custody banking, or fund services.
- Some knowledge and awareness of general banking compliance requirements and fundamental regulation (eg. AML/CFT, legal entity governance, etc)
- Location: London, England
- Type: Full time