About Columbia Threadneedle InvestmentsAbout Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.Job Purpose StatementWhere you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
Accountable for the management of institutional investors reporting and commentary through life-cycle of the portfolio from report on-boarding to reporting in alignment with investment management agreements and governing regulations and to service our clients. Responsible for establishing strategic and tactical execution plan for business unit per organization goals. Responsible for designing of new reports, execution of policies and controls, measuring department performance both qualitatively and quantitatively and supporting stake holders (client service personnel and investment professionals).Role ResponsibilitiesHow you'll spend your time....
- Responsible for daily management of business functions, processes and staff through proper resource assignment, monitoring progress of work and goals, development and execution of policies and procedures, proactive identification of risk, issues and controls to minimize financial, brand and regulatory risks. Formulate and maintain business continuity plan. Establish and report on organization goal metrics. Provide timely and clear communication for use with senior leadership. Ensure appropriate structure to drive decisioning and timely problem resolution. Responsible for proactive management of multiple priorities and time sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Accountable for development and execution of re-engineering efforts that improve performance, mitigate risk and/or expenses within scope, time line and cost. Provide subject matter expertise and execution support to initiatives through its' life-cycle. Position requires critical relationship building and influencing stakeholders and peers.
- Accountable for general business management activities including: annual business unit planning, budget/expense management and business transformation activities. Monitor progress of operational, financial and strategic objectives.
- Provide work direction to staff in multiple locations, create an environment in which staff thrive and perform to their full potential, providing development support, coaching, mentoring and opportunities that stretch staff building skill and experience. Provide ongoing leadership support including performance management, guidance, change management and goal setting.
- Provide oversight, leadership and business management of designated external vendor and service providers, monitoring and ensuring compliance with service levels, financial. Provide subject matter expertise and execution support to business-driven initiatives, internal partners, leadership or projects related to operations, as necessary. Key CapabilitiesTo be successful in this role you will have....
- Bachelor's degree or extensive experience in the financial services industry. Specific business knowledge preferred in the areas of asset management, portfolio reporting, accounting practices and security knowledge.
- Strong, demonstrated thought leadership with the ability to execute on deliverables.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret data, reach conclusions, and take action.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations and ability to conduct process improvement efforts
- Strong relationship building skills; highly effective communication skills that include ability to gain acceptance of others to a point of view.
- Prior management and leadership skills.Desired CapabilitiesIf you also had this, it would be great....
- Experience with reporting practices and applications
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong influencing and conflict management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and lead virtually
- Demonstrated delegation skills
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and shift priorities to meet business needs.
- Knowledge of Vermilion Reporting SuiteFull-Time / Part-TimeFull time Worker Sub TypePermanent Job Family GroupBusiness Support & Operations
- Job ID: 24868BR
- Location: London, United Kingdom