More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Job Description:Public Sector Financial Reporting Senior Manager, Location flexibleNEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Grant Thornton UK LLP is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Manager to join their successful Public Sector Financial Reporting team. Our team is proud to support the UK's largest public sector external audit practice to deliver high quality audits which provide assurance to the public and wider stakeholders and add value to the public sector organisations we work with.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our tailored and responsive approach provides the expertise our clients need, enabling them to grow and make the right decisions about their future.
Now's the time to take everything you know about financial reporting to the next level, supporting our engagement teams in their work with our growing portfolio of clients. The constantly evolving landscape calls for an approach that puts what is right first, ahead of what is easy, and you will need to push ideas harder and ask difficult questions, giving our teams the support and guidance they need.
Within our firm, we're very keen to support and hire those who have had career breaks or time away from audit and financial reporting, who would like to return to a busy, flexible role. Our vacancies are all open to supporting the up-skilling and re-integration of returners to our business.
We're happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we'll support you to balance your work and life.A look into the role
As a Senior Manager within our Public Sector Financial Reporting team, you will:
Knowing you're right for us .
- critically review draft public sector financial statements to support audit teams and manage risk
- draft responses, and act as consultee, on complex or unique financial reporting queries
- lead on the drafting of internal guidance, training materials and thought leadership publications
- present, or support presenters, at both internal and external events
- represent the firm on external technical networks
- contribute to the firm's responses to technical consultations
- identify opportunities arising from changes in legislation or financial reporting and deliver valuable solutions to develop the firm's service offerings in the public sector
- build and maintain strong working relationships with our audit teams
- work closely with your colleagues in our Financial Reporting and Audit Quality teams
- constantly strive to push yourself, and the business, further, knowing you're supported through every stage
- Joining us as a Public Sector Financial Reporting Senior Manager, the minimum criteria you'll need is a professional qualification (CIPFA, ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA) with post qualification experience, a broad knowledge of IFRS, previous experience in a professional services firm or similar at manager level and good communication, project management and IT skills.
It would be great if you had some previous experience working in a similar role providing advice on public sector financial reporting, but don't worry if you don't, we can help you develop along the way.Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.
- Location: Liverpool (Royal Liver Building); Leeds (No 1 Whitehall Riverside); Manchester (Landmark); Birmingham (103 Colmore Row); Bristol (2 Glass Wharf); London (30 Finsbury Square)
- Type: Full time