Risk, Compliance and Audit
We are Egg. We're on a mission to make clean energy easier for everyone. We do right by our people, customers and planet - it's basically why we get up in the morning. Across charging, solar, storage and business, our ambition is simple: inspiring a clearer path to clean energy.
Egg was acquired by Liberty Global in 2020, and is established amongst the market leaders in the growing UK renewables sector, specialising in the design, specification, installation and ongoing maintenance of Electric Vehicle Charging, Solar Photovoltaic and Battery Storage systems. Headquartered in Leeds, it operates across the UK, with a varied customer base from one-off residential to large-scale public sector. Through the various market channels Egg delivers many key projects including various rapid charger networks, some of the largest fleet depot charging systems, residential and commercial vehicle-to-grid installations and integrated solar and battery storage solutions.
Egg has recently become FCA authorized for consumer credit and we are recruiting for an FCA Compliance Officer to support Egg in maintaining compliance in line with FCA requirements. The Compliance Officer will also be responsible for the following:
- Working with the Egg Management Team to ensure compliance is built into everyday business processes and practices
- Acting as the key liaison point with Group Risk & Compliance, covering regulated activity & SOX controls
- Undertaking testing of compliance controls over regulated activity and identify any risks and issues for management's attention and recommend control improvements
- Reviewing Anti-Money Laundering controls and ensure that MI supports the annual Money Laundering Report
- Maintaining and managing the risk register, testing underlying controls which support management's risk assessment
- Preparing monthly risk and compliance report to assist management in understanding the risks and regulatory compliance
- Acting as the change champion for risk and compliance on all regulatory developments
- Understanding and advising on all regulatory obligations and act as the SME on risk, compliance and regulatory conduct matters
- Maintaining and monitoring risk and compliance practices within Egg
- Participating in review meetings with management and Group Risk & Compliance
- Maintaining an up-to-date risk register and submit the risk register quarterly to Group Risk & Compliance
- Professional qualification in Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit (ICA, IRM, IIA etc.)
- Essential experience of FCA regulatory compliance with a key focus on providing advice to management.
- Able to analyse and interpret FCA regulations, in particular CONC and SYSC, to assist in the implementation of suitable compliance controls.
- Strong experience working in a regulatory environment with good understanding of risk, controls and regulatory obligations
- Comfortable working at all levels within the organisation
- Strong reporting skills with the ability to apply sound business practices and work with business leaders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a pragmatic and hands-on approach
- Results driven, output focused team player with experience of working in a complex environment, delivering to deadlines
- Competitive basic salary
- A flexible working environment; we operate a hybrid working model with 2 office days a week
- 33 days annual leave including 8 Bank Holiday days
- Access to wellbeing and mental health benefits such as the Calm app, personal medical, critical illness cover and dental insurance
- Matched pension contribution up to 4%
- Access to our car benefit scheme
- Access to our online learning platform to continue to develop and grow your career with us
We always see the sunny side, the funny side, and a world of possibilities. We truly believe we are changing the way people live, move and connect; doing the right thing for our people, our planet and our kids.
At Egg, we dream big, and imagine better. We strive to build a diverse and inclusive place of work where we can all be our true selves and welcome all applicants who feel the same.
- Location: LG UK Leeds (40 hours per week); LG UK London (40 hours per week); LG UK Whythenshawe (40 hours per week); LG UK Reading (40 hours per week); LG UK Sheffield (40 hours per week); LG UK Plymouth (40 hours per week); LG UK Oxford (40 hours per week); LG UK Wokingham; LG UK Hook (40 hours per week); LG UK Gateshead (40 hours per week); LG UK Bristol (40 hours per week); LG UK Birmingham (40 hours per week)
- Type: Full time