: Competitive, with up to 60% bonus, 38 days holiday, generous pension, private medical cover and lots more! Job Type
: Permanent Job Contact
: 0131 245 1000 Closing Date
: Thursday 30th June
We have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as a Head of BPA Trading to join our Bulk Purchase Annuities (BPA) team in our thriving Open division. Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.
We are the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.300 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 - but we're not done yet.
We've seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 7,000 colleagues to grow alongside us. Flexible working
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner with time spent working in the office and at home. We believe that work/life balance offers benefits for customers as well as ensuring that you can balance a successful career with your life outside of work. We will discuss flexibility, what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.We want to hire the whole version of you
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it's joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.
If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.The role
Working closely with new business origination and Finance, you will manage the financial performance of new business and optimise financial results through the identification and tracking of management actions. You will support the development of the narrative for drivers of financial performance, influencing and shaping the proposition and providing strategic thinking and new ideas to create value.What are we looking for?
The Defined Benefit Solutions team is seeking an experienced individual to help drive and deliver new business targets. As a result, we have a phenomenal opportunity to join our team at an exciting time, as we shape our proposition and the way we work to support our growth ambition.
Why choose us?
- An experienced senior actuary with considerable experience in the bulk annuity industry.
- Significant defined benefit pensions technical knowledge within a bulk annuity context, gained at a consultancy, bulk annuity provider, or reinsurer.
- Significant experience of the financial impacts of bulk annuity transactions, including exposure to liability and capital modelling, deal structuring, longevity reinsurance and investment strategy.
- In-depth knowledge of the Solvency II and IFRS balance sheet treatment of annuities business.
- Knowledge of latest industry techniques and practices for arranging and managing reinsurance to support BPA transactions.
- Experience in supporting commercial transactions and deal structuring.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to work quickly and accurately with a high attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of financial services companies and the regulatory environment in which they operate, including Solvency II and the Matching Adjustment.
- Very self-aware with the desire to exceed expectations and demonstrate resilience in overcoming challenges and determination to deliver results for the business.
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits. Sound good? If you are ready to help us make Phoenix the best place you've ever worked, we'd love to hear from you.