Winnersh, United Kingdom
The Collins Connected Aviation Solutions (CAS) team is currently leading the Connected Ecosystem strategic pillar for Collins Aerospace. The CAS Platforms and Applications (CASPA) Engineering team is leading the digital transformation of CAS and beyond. This team builds cutting-edge applications for commercial aerospace, and we are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Manager of Engineering to lead a cross-functional application engineering team that is building the next generation of flight tracking, messaging, and data products with cloud technologies.
This is a limited hybrid role that will work with international regional teams and so at times will require a flexible calendar. International travel is expected as part of this role. Job responsibilities:
- Lead a large, diverse team of software engineers, test engineers, product owners, support engineers, and user interface designers. May lead other managers.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including Technical Project Managers, Value Stream leaders, Product Line teams, User Experience, Cybersecurity.
- Perform general management responsibilities including hiring, resource planning, mentoring, and employee development.
- Promote a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Drive Lean Agile practices with your team and promote best practices and process improvements.
- Direct technical pursuit and development activities throughout the product and program lifecycles.
- Help establish an Agile culture of automation, building cybersecure products, and work toward the One Collins user experience.
- Recommend investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems or other assets to improve the quality and speed of the organisation's projects.
- Identify team or individual inventions to bring forward for patent consideration.
- Soft Skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate complex technical subjects with clarity and precision. Ability to prepare and deliver internal/external technical and business presentations.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation and empathy in order to understand other people, what motivates them and how to work cooperatively with them.
- Ability to lead and coach people to develop core leadership skills and innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline together with significant and proven experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional, highly collaborative engineering teams in an Agile or DevSecOps environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and lead efforts spanning multiple stakeholders and the capability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as customers.
- Both strong interpersonal skills and a strong, broad-based technical competency.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure preferred), Application Lifecycle Management tools (JIRA/Confluence or Azure DevOps preferred), and/or development toolsets (Azure DevOps, GitLab preferred).
- Experience with the avionics industry to include cockpit avionics, communication networks, and ground-based services. Direct experience in an airline operational unit would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated engineering leadership in a relevant engineering function, such as software/service development and deployment, system design and integration, or data analytics.
• Flexible working
• 25 days of vacation
• Competitive pay package
• Company pension plan
• Corporate health insurance
• Career Development Opportunities
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities. Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
- Location: Winnersh, United Kingdom
- Type: Full time