Basic information Location Birmingham, London, Manchester Service line Risk Advisory Date published 07-Jun-2022 Req # 9256 Job description Your opportunity
Are you a Sustainable Finance professional from a consultancy background looking to use your skills to solve the biggest problem of our generation?
Then we are looking for you! Our growing Sustainable Finance practice is looking for an additional Manager in our Banking & Capital Markets (BCM) sector; an integral component of our ability to meet client demand and deliver differentiated services to our clients.
Working within Sustainability (a practice that operates as part of Deloitte's Risk Advisory service line), this role will provide additional depth to our capabilities.Your role
We support a wide range of UK and global clients on their most pressing sustainable finance challenges and opportunities through a spectrum of offerings ranging from strategy design and implementation; to ESG integration; and sustainable finance compliance and disclosure practices.
As a Manager within Sustainable Finance, you will have responsibility for:
Your work, your choice
- Leveraging your in-depth knowledge of the BCM sector sustainable finance landscape to act as a trusted and credible advisor to client stakeholders.
- Delivering exceptional client service across our suite of sustainable finance propositions and offerings.
- Acting in the capacity of 'engagement manager', taking ownership for aspects of engagement pursuit and delivery from pitching, scoping, programme and team selection through to delivery, risk and quality management and budgetary control.
- Holding and continuing to develop fluent knowledge of sustainable finance practices in the BCM sector, market developments, regulatory requirements and the competitive landscape.
- Educating and advising both internal and external stakeholders on sustainable finance in BCM, translating regulations and market practices into understandable and actionable insight, including but not limited to: the Net Zero Banking Alliance (NZBA) and Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ); climate-related supervisory expectations; Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and Task Force on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD); the EU Taxonomy and Green Asset Ratio ("GAR"); Pillar 3 ESG disclosures.
- Providing leadership and acting as a role model to junior team members and associate resources.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: UK wide
Work pattern: Permanent
This is a permanent role (typical hours are 9.30 - 5.30pm) with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Extensive experience within related disciplines
- Experience in professional services / consultancy in an 'engagement manager' capacity.
- Evidence of operating at Manager level with strong industry understanding of banking and capital markets.
- Understanding of ESG integration in the context of banks' lending and capital markets activities, from the front office, to supporting functions' activities.
- Understanding of leading practices in banks' sustainable finance propositions and services, including sustainable finance product principles and standards and evolving sustainable finance product classification and labelling requirements.
- Experience working with banks on one or all of: ESG and sustainable finance strategies and transition plans; impact measurement and management; ESG integration; climate-related risk management; ESG due diligence; stewardship and counterparty engagement on ESG; sustainable finance products and services; sustainable finance regulatory readiness and compliance; and ESG disclosures.
- Understanding of key directives and regulations impacting BCM clients relating to ESG, including, but not limited to: climate stress testing and supervisory expectations on ESG; TCFD and TNFD; EU Taxonomy and Green Asset Ratio ("GAR"); and Pillar 3 ESG disclosures.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills.
- Evidence of client networking and delivery success
- A high aptitude for identifying, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and team members.
- Experience of managing and supporting/mentoring team members.
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, You'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLRSKA BAITEC BAALLI CFTECH LOCOFFICE