Job Description:Job Title: Equities Trade Control Professional Corporate Title: Analyst Location: LondonBank of America:
We are a financial services company offering a wide array of opportunities across many functions. Our focus on the financial success of our clients - individuals, companies and institutional investors - shapes the way that we organize ourselves and run our business.
Global Operations is committed to launching industry-leading capabilities that improve our clients' financial lives, protecting the bank's and our clients' information and making it faster and more seamless to serve our clients. The team also invests in all key processes, including settlement, clearing and reconciliation processes, trade validations and more.Job description
As a result of internal mobility an opportunity has arisen within the EMEA Equity Trade Control group. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated candidate who has a desire to learn about the function and equity derivatives products. Full support and ongoing training will be provided to the successful candidate to assist with the learning phase, product knowledge and further development of required skills. Prior Trade Control or Equity Derivatives experience, whilst desired, are not required but a flexible and committed team player is a must.
The role provides trade support across Equity Derivatives desk's and assists with all the operational queries and bookings that are required in order to ensure client service excellence and satisfaction. The team provides a centralized contact point for the Business (Trading & Sales), clients, settlements and documentation areas to investigate & help resolve operational issues that may arise.
The candidate will have regular interaction with the Front Office and be expected to assist with trader related queries in a timely manner despite the highly pressured environment
The Equity Trade Control group provides lifecycle management and reconciliation support for the Exotics Derivatives Trading Desk's.
Product scope includes: Exotic Equity and Hybrid Derivatives. Vanilla options, Interest and Equity Swaps, Futures and Securities.
- Life Cycle Management
- Coupon, Early Calls and Expiry calculations and bookings for Equity Derivatives
- Corporate Action processing and review on Vanilla and Exotic Equity Trades and re-weighting of custom baskets
- Listed option exercise/assignment bookings
- Swap Resets for both Interest Rate and Equity Swaps
- Barrier Monitoring
- Fixing Exception Reports
- Reconciliations and Reporting
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Reviewing front to back and exchange reconciliation breaks
- Swapswire reconciliation and exception review
- Fails investigation/follow up on stocks, listed products and cash breaks.
- Expiry and Risk reports production for Front Office
They will also be a critical business partner for sales, trading, business supervision, business management, documentation team, dividend team, operations and finance teams with an expected input into bank/ Tech /operations initiative's and project work.Skills
• Provide support to the Exotic and Flow Derivative Trading desks and equivalent sales teams
• Ensuring that daily emails sent to the inbox are dealt in a swift manner, and prioritized accordingly.
• Trade Maintenance, reviewing queries and performing amendments on OTC Exotic Derivatives and vanilla products
• Review market data and ensure that it is accurate.
• Represent the group and face off to partner groups Initiatives
• InitiativesAdditional skills
• Finance or Maths related degree or equivalent.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong Communication Skills.
• Strong Excel Skills.
• Equities knowledge
• Flexibility to support market hours /requirements
This is a great opportunity to learn the front to back operational flows, experience being located on the trading floor, interact with all stakeholders and use the platform to make an impact across the business.
Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs - is a continuous learner
Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the worldBank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
- Location: London
- Type: Full time