Basic information Location London Service line Audit & Assurance Date published 29-Oct-2021 Req # 7523 Job description Your opportunity
Our Assurance practice encompasses skills across regulation and finance with a deep analytics capability. We harness these to provide Assurance to those charged with governance, serving the public interest. Working in Assurance means you will have an opportunity to work alongside leading experts, as we help build and enhance trust between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Providing assurance to help businesses become more resilient, agile and better prepared for the future.
To be resilient, businesses must be ready to respond to current and future challenges and opportunities. They are increasingly being required to be more transparent with their reporting, to drive trust and confidence in the market, and protect the wider public interest.
Assurance builds, maintains and develops confidence. We provide independent assurance by assessing the risks and underlying processes, providing conclusions as to which risks are being managed and mitigated in line with the business' appetite for risk. Deloitte's assurance offerings help those charged with governance to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.
If you join our Credit Risk team, you will partner with world-renowned clients, helping them to leverage the power of their data to solve their most complex business challenges. You will be part of a market-leading team, bringing together people and insights from a variety of sources and backgrounds. You will work on cutting edge projects where no two days are the same, accelerating your learning and allowing you to progress more quickly.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.Your role
Your work, your choice
- Bridging credit specialist and audit team's approach to assess IFRS 9 outputs and the underlying understanding of credit risk;
- Interpretation of financial reporting processes to credit specialists and audit teams for better understanding of data flows between credit models and disclosed loan portfolio provision and exposure balances;
- Supporting audit functions with reconciliations between credit model outputs and general ledger balances;
- Working alongside banking audit functions to deliver further improvements to the way we approach, capture and evidence the review of IFRS 9 models;
- Ensuring clear interpretation of credit specialist findings to audit teams, supported by comprehensive documentation to better understand the audit risk;
- Facilitating training and sharing knowledge to specialist teams, enhancing their understanding of audit and accounting aspects to improve the quality of work delivered;
- Support the design and implementation of loan portfolio credit risk assessment analysis and approach;
- Financial industry benchmarking of IFRS 9 indicators and macroeconomic outlook;
- Audit and assurance report writing and presentation of credit assessment and benchmarking outcomes;
- Delivery of quarterly industry updates on IFRS 9 and credit risk indicator movements to the wider financial services audit and assurance functions;
- Credit practices around insight into movements, data, IFRS 9 model output analysis reporting and external disclosure;
- Write up of credit risk audit observations and analysis for audit files and audit committee reports;
- Management of the team's budget versus actual targets on engagements, billing and monthly reporting of team performances;
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London based with occasional domestic and international travel.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time basis.professional experience
- Qualified accountant with IFRS 9 experience
- Financial Services Industry experience
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-expert audiences
- Project and people management experience
- Ability to partner with clients or other stakeholders and build great relationships
- Experience of developing talent and coaching a team
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively
- Project and people management experience
Your Service Line: Audit & Assurance:
- Loan Portfolio and credit risk data analysis
- Industry benchmarking of loan portfolio credit risk key performance indicators
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
As the leading experts in Audit & Assurance, we help build and enhance trust and transparency between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Our expertise covers audit and assurance services across all sectors, enabling stronger systems of quality control and risk capability. We help companies, investors and the general public make more informed decisions by adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Innovation is key for us, underpinned by audit quality. At Deloitte you will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
· We live our purpose:
we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
· We develop talent:
we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· We drive performance:
we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:
we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
· We move, together, towards a strategic direction:
we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.