Job Description:Job Title:
Market Risk ManagerLocation:
The Chief Risk Office function has Group-wide responsibility for the management and control of all credit, market, operational, enterprise and liquidity risks and has the responsibility of continual development of methods for risk measurement, frameworks and creating a bank wide strong risk culture. Deutsche Bank has been named 'Bank Risk Manager of the Year' by the leading publication risk.net for the second consecutive year (2020 and 2021).
You will ensure the effective risk management and oversight of one of the most successful and growing businesses within Global Rates. Working directly on the trading floor within a very dynamic and cooperative team, your decisions will ensure we can successfully support business growth within the Bank's Risk Appetite.What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year.
Your skills and experience
- Daily monitoring of risk, stress, and Value-at-Risk (VaR) exposures, ensuring risk completeness and accuracy (for example by monitoring closely and understanding the Profit and Loss drivers every day)
- Developing and implementing new stress testing analyses to better quantify the different basis risks that the desk runs
- Keeping abreast of latest news and possible implications to the markets and the positions that the desk runs
- Ensuring internal and external governance policies are being effectively applied
- Liaising with trading desks with respect to exposures, new business, and market activity
How we'll support you
- Experience in market risk management, either as a second line (market risk) or as a first line (trading, structuring) of defence, ideally in Rates.
- Experience in markets-related roles, with great understanding of the impact of financial and economic events on markets and market risk positions
- Numerical skills and ability to understand and represent data, in Excel and/or Python
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working with a variety of teams, communicating well and concisely
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
- Location: London Winchester House